Votes: 217 70.0%
  • Marner

Votes: 93 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The flattery continues! I can’t even recall the particular thread you just mentioned (assuming it exists), impressive memory. I’m not trying to “fool” anybody, it’s hardly uncommon for somebody’s option or position to change over time. Id suggest lightening up a bit, it’s just a message board.

And no, draft pedigree IS pretty meaningless. Is hardly uncommon in NHL history that a mid round 1st selection ends up better than a top 10 pick, if anything I’d say it’s fairly frequent occurrence (not to say that’s happening here of course). All that matters is how players perform/develop in the period following the draft. Even taking it into accout the draft, Marner is developing in line with his position - entered the NHL earlier and had a rookie season that shown he can produce at a first line rate.
The ignore function on the new board is pretty savage. I can't even see the quotes you're replying to though I know exactly who you're responding to lol.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
What you continue flattery I would call them Menzinger gems of illogical statements you continue to display here that are easy to file away since they are so memorable. As recently as posting about Barzal's unsustainable 12% shooting percentage and hours later Barzal scores a hattrick. I could dig up the poll and thread on Nylandee and Ehlers that you claimed Nylander was always on a higher tier on even less games as you are claiming small sample sizes in this poll. It will be another memorable quote by you. But I would rather discuss when Barzal hits that magic sample size of 61 pts and see how you spin that then when this magical barrier is met. We all know your agenda here. Leafs player sample does not matter. Isles player, it does when marginaling how well he has played this year easpecially as a #16 pick.

You seem more interested in arguing with me than discussing the issue at hand, I’d suggest you stop obsessing over threads that apparently happened well over a year ago. And I will say it’s certainly beyond ironic for you of all people to accuse somebody else of having an “agenda”, lol.

There’s nothing “magical” about suggesting Barzal actually hit the point totals of the player he’s being directly compared to, especially given the fact he hasn’t even played 1/2 season in the NHL

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You seem more interested in arguing with me than discussing the issue at hand, I’d suggest you stop obsessing over threads that apparently happened well over a year ago. And I will say it’s certainly beyond ironic for you of all people to accuse somebody else of having an “agenda”, lol.

There’s nothing “magical” about suggesting Barzal actually hit the point totals of the player he’s being directly compared to, especially given the fact he hasn’t even played 1/2 season in the NHL

Agreed. Let's concentrate on discussing the issues on hand. For here is a reminder of the OP question.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/138705679/

Barzal is better than Marner by any metric you choose to discuss this year as 20 year olds from the same draft where Barzal was picked incidentally 12 spots lower. He has 8 more goals, and 9 more points while playing the more important position we were told last year in that Calder race in one less game. I guess we will have to revisit this when Barzal hits the acceptable sample size of 61 points so that excuse is no longer cited.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
This entire board is angry over how good the leaf rookies were last year. That could never be allowed to go unchallenged. Now pretty much any young star is declared the better player.

The fact that there was even a 25% tells you all you need to know.

So you guys are confirming that the only legitimate polls are the ones where the Leaf player wins?

Polls in which a Leaf player is deemed to not be as good as the other player, those are immediately disqualified, correct? Then it's a matter of the entire board being so upset they vote against the superior Leaf player out of spite?

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
So you guys are confirming that the only legitimate polls are the ones where the Leaf player wins?

Polls in which a Leaf player is deemed to not be as good as the other player, those are immediately disqualified, correct? Then it's a matter of the entire board being so upset they vote against the superior Leaf player out of spite?

Welcome to HFleafs.. I mean boards, CodeE. Any leafs poll is lose lose for everyone else because if their player isn’t picked they cry “leaf hate”.

Doesn’t it just boil your blood how damn good those leafs rookies were last year? Brb gonna go vote against them in some polls bc that makes me feel better.

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->