Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
We also extended Staal and Girardi after their best days were behind them. Doing this almost always fails.

Staal and Girardi were small offensive wingers with no dip in productivity?

I want Zucc around because we need leadership throughout the rebuild. We can't just ice a team of players younger than 25 years old.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sticky Fingers

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
We talk about some of the Rangers best free agent signings of all-time, and fans have their favorite names through the years.

Yet, we overlook Zucc. In fact, for longer-term impact, I think you have to put him right up there with Girardi.

Reactions: eco's bones

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Conspiracy Theory:

Gorton told Zucc he's the next captain... start acting like it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Staal and Girardi were small offensive wingers with no dip in productivity?

I want Zucc around because we need leadership throughout the rebuild. We can't just ice a team of players younger than 25 years old.

What if I told you that the Rangers can get better leadership for cheaper in July?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
You know, for an organization that has been burned by contracts as players venture into their 30s, we've been throwing out the idea of quite a few lately.

Especially to players we've either traded or who are more likely to trade as we head into our next era.

Reactions: eco's bones

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, we will see next window @Edge - not that any of us can do anything about the situation.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Nobody knows what will be for Zooks in the future but I'm pretty darn proud of him and his time as a Ranger. All his fans should be very proud. Undrafted undersized free agent leads the team in points in 4 of his last 5 seasons. Wins the Stephen McDonald Extra Hustle award 3 times in 4 seasons. Always fun watching Zooks make a goalie look silly in our shootouts. One of the key members of our 2014 team that went to the Cup Finals. Pretty hard not to like and respect what this guy has done at his size coming from Norway.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Wins the Stephen McDonald Extra Hustle award 3 times in 4 seasons

And probably has a pretty great chance of winning it this year also... Don´t see too many others. Maybe Hank. Maybe Kreider, coming back from his blood clot..... Still, have a feeling that Zucc once again will get it.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
And probably has a pretty great chance of winning it this year also... Don´t see too many others. Maybe Hank. Maybe Kreider, coming back from his blood clot..... Still, have a feeling that Zucc once again will get it.

Reminds me of the Torts era where Callahan won it every time because he skated hard. It's a bullshit award anyway. If it is all about extra effort, give it to Fast

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Reminds me of the Torts era where Callahan won it every time because he skated hard. It's a bull**** award anyway. If it is all about extra effort, give it to Fast

I doubt the players see it as a bullshit award, seeing as it's the fans that vote for the player they feel have given it all for the Rangers this year, the award probably has some meaning to whoever is awarded.

Its not the Hart, but its not bullshit.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Not that this award is a huge deal but if a guy wins the "extra effort" award despite being MIA for 70% of the season, that would be a joke.

It should be Hank and only Hank.

Reactions: JohnC

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I voted for Hayes only because Hank deserves MVP and Coach of the Year so I figured I’d spread the wealth.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Why is Fast playing on the top 6 lines - it reminds me how much depth the current team lack - we`ve huge holes we need to draft - when we once again compete for the Stanley in (3-4) years.

It feels like every game is a lottery pick - (insert random results) each game hence lack of consistency this season.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, but Zucc might be here next season unless they get a 1st for one year of Zucc until he is UFA. And there are few teams in the league who can afford to resign him after his UFA status, but when we are looking to improve our team again in one year Zucc might be an interesting player in the future for Rangers.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Yes, but Zucc might be here next season unless they get a 1st for one year of Zucc until he is UFA. And there are few teams in the league who can afford to resign him after his UFA status, but when we are looking to improve our team again in one year Zucc might be an interesting player in the future for Rangers.
The way i see it, Zucc was not a priority to get sold off as he has another year on his contract, and its a good contract (while people like Nash they had to sell off as the contract expired).

As such, Gorton could set a high price for him, basically asking for overpayment. If Zucc is still here in roughly a year, the bar for selling him off probably lowers quite a bit (unless they decide to give him on a new contract). There are far too many questionmarks at the moment with the team to even begin speculating :)

Reactions: Ori

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
It would break my heart to see Zuccarello traded, but I understand it may happen. Such a truly great heart and soul player. You can easily see what being a part of the New York Ranger means to him. I'd take him over any number of FA's we could sign. Somehow I hope we keep him. I could see him and Chytil driving the opposition crazy for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->