Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Points aside, Zuccarello was an absolute beast in the tournament, and drove possession. A lot of take aways, and getting the puck out of the defensive sone, and setting up in the offensive one. If he'd have Thoresen centering him instead of Bastiansen, I believe his point total would be different too.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Zucc has been a huge disappointment in the tournament. 1 goal (emtpy net goal) and 1 assist in 6 games. Brassard has 9 points in 6 games.......

If you had seen the games, you'd notice that Zucc has actually been playing really well.

Norway has a relatively bad hockey team for the A series. You cant expect him to produce at any level when the team collectively isn't up to par with the big guns.

Canada is capable of beating Norway 10-0 on a good day, so that's where the strength difference is at.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
If you had seen the games, you'd notice that Zucc has actually been playing really well.

Norway has a relatively bad hockey team for the A series. You cant expect him to produce at any level when the team collectively isn't up to par with the big guns.

Canada is capable of beating Norway 10-0 on a good day, so that's where the strength difference is at.

Might have been a little to hard on him, but still I expect more from one of top wings in the NHL. But of course, Norway is not a very good hockey team. Still, other players on the team, like the Olimb brothers, have produced pretty decent.

That being said, I am just happy Zucc made it through the tournament without injury, that was my biggest fear.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Hockey is a team sport, and Olimb x 2 and R.Olsen are better players than Martinsen and Bastiansen.

And that isn't really a snub on Martinsen, he was great in the tournament - but he's a grinder and the kind of player you play to, not play with. Bastiansen has had a great career, and isn't a bad player, but he isn't exactly a young guy anymore. Hell, they even had Ask centering them for a while.

justanomade

Norwegian
May 25, 2012
Bergen, Norway
Mats annual charity game will this year also bring the King to Stavanger, Norway!

a56e71759c5a9f5286311581fed846ae.jpg

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The bitter NY media is not going to vote for a current Ranger other than Lundy

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Jagr had an amazing NHL career though in consider his age and pts. in Florida last season - so I don`t mind that Jagr won it. I think Zuci will get another chance
at some awards later in his relative young NHL career.

I say young, because I`m 40, and I feel very young in my age. :)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'm a Jagr fan but I feel Zooks deserved the award. He may have felt some NY backlash. Our media often does not support our guys like other cities media.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
That video reminded me how good he has been so far as a Ranger. He undressed Bowmeister like few do nowadays.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I love the Ducks fans on the main boards that think Zucc would suck on Anaheim(because of his size, which has actually never really been a big issue for him), and wouldn't trade overrated Cam Fowler for him. They always say to actually watch Fowler, but they need to actually watch Zucc. :laugh:

They can keep Fowler.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I love the Ducks fans on the main boards that think Zucc would suck on Anaheim(because of his size, which has actually never really been a big issue for him), and wouldn't trade overrated Cam Fowler for him. They always say to actually watch Fowler, but they need to actually watch Zucc. :laugh:

They can keep Fowler.

I think it is mainly 1 Ducks fan whose posts seem to indicate he has not watched Zooks play much.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
literally the only player on the rangers id trade for Fowler is Dan Girardi.

Fowlers going to make a ton of money for a player that pretty much sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad