Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I guess you heard what Nill said about signing Zuccarello.."we haven't had time to talk about that yet".
Sounds like there is a plan.

What if they agree on a deal in a week or so. This should be a great booster for the team while they wait for him to return :nod:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I guess you heard what Nill said about signing Zuccarello.."we haven't had time to talk about that yet".
Sounds like there is a plan.

What if they agree on a deal in a week or so. This should be a great booster for the team while they wait for him to return :nod:

I assume they were gonna wait until the offseason to avoid the stress, but now that he's injured maybe they can talk about it? Where did he say that though?

I'd be so happy if we got that news while he is injured. Really would lift up the spirits of the fans

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I assume they were gonna wait until the offseason to avoid the stress, but now that he's injured maybe they can talk about it? Where did he say that though?

I think in general Nills video about the trade deadline a reporter asked about contract extension for Zuccarello.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think in general Nills video about the trade deadline a reporter asked about contract extension for Zuccarello.

Ah well hopefully they can work something out sooner than later. At the very least I hope talks begin sooner than later

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I'd be so happy if we got that news while he is injured. Really would lift up the spirits of the fans

Just watched the video, sounds like Nill does plan on having those discussions. I assume they'll at the very least touch base and see what he wants here soon

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Zucc said he wanted to wait, but I agree in thinking that probably changes with 4 weeks off. Can’t imagine staying in shape and rehabbing is going to take every bit of his focus.

He mat want to give it a few weeks and see how he likes the team and city, though, which is completely understandable.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Zucc (a 32 y/o next October) for a 1st and probably ~5-6M in cap space

or Matt Duchene (28 y/o next October) for 9.5M in cap space

idk man its a pretty tough decision to make!

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Zucc (a 32 y/o next October) for a 1st and probably ~5-6M in cap space

or Matt Duchene (28 y/o next October) for 9.5M in cap space

idk man its a pretty tough decision to make!

Why not both :sarcasm:

We could make it work. I doubt Duchene is signed for $9.5m. He'd probably sign here for $8-8.5m

Reactions: eartotheground

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Why not both :sarcasm:

We could make it work. I doubt Duchene is signed for $9.5m. He'd probably sign here for $8-8.5m
i'd prefer to sign Duchene and Gardiner (wow what a core that would be) than hitch my wagon to a 32 yr old and hope he is as productive in his later years as Ray Whitney was

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Now Zucc will have a lot of time to think about it. Will not surprise me if something happens soon. Zucc once said "It's easy to persuade me. If they show me love, I want to do the same and show my love and loyalty to them".

And it looks like the team and the fans have already taken him under their wings.

Btw, I made a short version of the GM's comment, but it's basically the same...1:20 in the video.
"He's been here one day, I just picked him up at the airport, so we haven't gotten to that point yet"

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Now Zucc will have a lot of time to think about it. Will not surprise me if something happens soon. Zucc once said "It's easy to persuade me. If they show me love, I want to do the same and show my love and loyalty to them".

And it looks like the team and the fans have already taken him under their wings.

Btw, I made a short version of the GM's comment, but it's basically the same...1:20 in the video.
"He's been here one day, I just picked him up at the airport, so we haven't gotten to that point yet"

Yeah I saw that. The fans need some good news during this stretch so it wouldn't be a bad time to announce it/work on it. We know how much Nill loves good locker room guys...Zucc sounds like he's as good as it gets there

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
A norwegian reporter interviewed Zucc right after his debut and his inury. His answers shows his attitude.

Despite the injury, you look relieved now when the decision has been made?
- When I said good bye to all in New York, it was very emotional. I have played with some of them for 9 years. Of course it´s tough. But when I was told I was heading for Dallas, I just felt relieved. Now this **** is over (trade speculations). Now I can focus on making the Playoffs with a good team, and have fun.

What do you think about the new jersey, do you think it suits you?
Yes I do, it brings out the uniqe color of my eyes.....:laugh:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
money would be better spent on Duchene anyway

You wouldn't want both? I mean it's possible. Would take some movement/a buyout but it's not entirely off the table if the team wants a big shakeup. Either way, we absolutely need 2 top 6 players this summer. Zuccarello could be the easy one (sucks to give up a 1st tho) and then we'd only have to focus on one more in free agency or trade

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't subscribe to the same bottom of the barrel narratives that you do.

Duchene is clearly an energy vampire who enchances his abilities by syphoning energy off his teammates to boost his own statline at the detriment of his teammates. You just can't accept that . :D

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
You wouldn't want both? I mean it's possible. Would take some movement/a buyout but it's not entirely off the table if the team wants a big shakeup. Either way, we absolutely need 2 top 6 players this summer. Zuccarello could be the easy one (sucks to give up a 1st tho) and then we'd only have to focus on one more in free agency or trade
I think a guy like Gus Nyquist would be more cost effective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->