Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello (Mod warning post #24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I have a feeling Jagr will win it for having played a long time

I think so too, but why give it to him now? If they want to give the Masterton to Jagr, they should wait until the season he retires.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
I think either Dupuis or Zuccarello will get it this year, and Jagr a year when there aren't any other "worthy" nominees that have battled back from injury.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Zuccarello went from not knowing if he could continue his career - albeit speaking words without a slur - to the leading scorer of his team... he should win it, but we all know it's also about politics.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
He deserves it, but I have a strong feeling he won´t win it. Is there any way he will be preferred before a big name like Jagr?

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
When asked by Norwegian media what he's been doing after the season ended, he said he's doing very little besides drinking for a few days and resting some nagging injuries.

He said it With the famous zuke smile...;)

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
I've grown out of having emotional attachment to players, but would be pretty disappointed to see him traded this summer. Only other player who would do that for me is Hank, and I don't think that's a worry.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I've grown out of having emotional attachment to players, but would be pretty disappointed to see him traded this summer. Only other player who would do that for me is Hank, and I don't think that's a worry.

It would be a huge surprise if they trade their top scorer 2 of the last 3 seasons, with a $4,5M cap.... But you never know, when pretty much the whole team has no trade/no move clauses, unprotected players like Zucc and Stepan might be used in a trade.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
It would be a huge surprise if they trade their top scorer 2 of the last 3 seasons, with a $4,5M cap.... But you never know, when pretty much the whole team has no trade/no move clauses, unprotected players like Zucc and Stepan might be used in a trade.

Zucc would offer a good return and a chance to replenish a very barren prospect pool.

Trading Zucc would mean the team has to replace 60+ points and a lot of minutes. If you move any of Stepan or Zucc the team essentially goes into re-build mode since you're trading away reasonably young productive players on very good (zucc) and reasonable (Stepan) contracts.

The team need players like Miller, Kreider and Hayes to take significant steps forward next season if we want to make it to the playoffs if the team trades any of the two without replacing them with ready-now players. Miller and Hayes has the most potential of the three, Miller had a very good season while Hayes's season was an abomination. Kreider, while strong, has awful hands and surprisingly lack of situational awareness sometimes.

Night owl

Jan 10, 2011
Norwegian mountains
It would be a huge surprise if they trade their top scorer 2 of the last 3 seasons, with a $4,5M cap....

Yepp, When an important playmaker has given his heart to the team and also is on a great contract in a sport where many players care more about the money than their heart, you just do not trade him if you have any desire to be successful in the future.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Trading Zucc would definitely push into a rebuild mode, as oppossed to a re-tool mode.

There's something to be said for trading a guy in his prime, coming off a career year, as oppossed to trading him after a down year or when he's older.

I don't see the Rangers moving him though. Not unless this team really tanks next season and they fully commit to a rebuild.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Yepp, When an important playmaker has given his heart to the team and also is on a great contract in a sport where many players care more about the money than their heart, you just do not trade him if you have any desire to be successful in the future.
It depends entirely on the Rangers state of mind. True, you dont trade him if you are going to continue to try to compete, but if you are going for a rebuild (even a semi rebuild, or "major restructuring" if you will), he would probably be very attractive to a number of teams out there, and should garner a very nice return.

So it all depends on what the top brass is planning, and how they see the team come next season. That will likely come down to the Staal / Girardi situation, unless the brass has learned absolutely nothing, and runs after Stamkos with a 10+ mill yearly 7 year NMC contract.

We'll see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->