Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello (Mod warning post #24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
With 168 points (and counting) in the last 3 years Zooks has earned his money and more.

As almost always, i agreed with you. Sadly people are really fast from time time to question a contract. guess Zuccs contract isn't the most controversial on this team.
Finally I would like to congratulate him with The Extra Effort Award. It make me as an Norwegian proud.
This is more than I could ever dream of back in his ELC day with Torts. He has come a long way since that.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
As almost always, i agreed with you. Sadly people are really fast from time time to question a contract. guess Zuccs contract isn't the most controversial on this team.
Finally I would like to congratulate him with The Extra Effort Award. It make me as an Norwegian proud.
This is more than I could ever dream of back in his ELC day with Torts. He has come a long way since that.

Controversial? Zooks contract is one of the better bargain non rookie contracts in the whole NHL. We have been very lucky to have Zooks. Norway should be proud of how he has played in NY. Leading the team in points while setting career highs in goals and points is way more than I could have asked for back in August.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
IMO it should´t even be close. Still, I have a feeling that another player with a "bigger name" will get it. A player like Jagr.

He'd be a good pick, but there are other great candidates. Dupuis coming back after that blood clot went to his lungs, even if he eventually had to retire, makes him just as deserving of the award as Mats.

It shold be one of the two.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
He'd be a good pick, but there are other great candidates. Dupuis coming back after that blood clot went to his lungs, even if he eventually had to retire, makes him just as deserving of the award as Mats.

He is of course a good candidate, but I think what puts Mats in front, is not only that he came back from the severe injury, but also puts up his best season ever with record goals and points and the Rangers´ point winner.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Dupuis shouldn't even be eligible for the award to me. I understand what he did but he played like 18 games. There has to be some requirement here that the guy actually played a significant amount

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Dupuis shouldn't even be eligible for the award to me. I understand what he did but he played like 18 games. There has to be some requirement here that the guy actually played a significant amount

I do not mind Dupuis being eligible but Zooks played in more games and scored more points this season than Dupuis has the last 3 seasons combined.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Nice. Youve really captured the spirit of the award with a comment like this.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Zuccarello run his own foundation: http://zuccarello36.com/zuccafondet/

On top of the obvious, that should matter

I'm sure Dupuis is involved in charities as well. Most regular NHL players are. The league is really filled with stand up guys. In no way, shape or form am I knocking what Zuccarello did or his contributions to charity, but I don't think the latter should be a big factor here.

The fact that two important players for their respective teams went down very similar paths, fighting their way back after life threatening injuries speaks volume of the heart and commitment level of players in the NHL.

i think either of them could win it, but give the edge to Dupuis for the way he fought through ACL surgery, a following blood clo,t to come back only to to suffer an even more serious blood clot and come back from that one too.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I'm sure Dupuis is involved in charities as well. Most regular NHL players are. The league is really filled with stand up guys. In no way, shape or form am I knocking what Zuccarello did or his contributions to charity, but I don't think the latter should be a big factor here.

The fact that two important players for their respective teams went down very similar paths, fighting their way back after life threatening injuries speaks volume of the heart and commitment level of players in the NHL.

i think either of them could win it, but give the edge to Dupuis for the way he fought through ACL surgery, a following blood clo,t to come back only to to suffer an even more serious blood clot and come back from that one too.

And again, I most certainly recognize his battle and his spirit. And it would not by any means be very controversial if Dupuis wins it.

But to me, the "tie breaker", in Zucc´s favor, is his outstandig performance on ice, in addition to his comeback. After learning about the severity of Zucc´s injury, most of us would be happy for him just to be well and healthy again. Him returning to hockey after this, is in many ways a little miracle. And when he then puts up his best year, despite missing most of the summer training, and becomes the Rangers´s top scorer with his personal best in points and goals, that´s what makes this stand out. And bear in mind, it is still not a year since the accident......

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
While in no way I mean to discredit Dupuis, Stamkos or whoever else. In just an objective fashion I do think voters may be slightly aware that doping rumors have been floating due to the extreme number of blood clots in hockey.
There are several reason why top trained athletes, and especially those who spend a lot of time sitting still on airplanes, are especially exposed - but it has been floating around there for a while now.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Sometimes it's hard to remember that these people we root for are actual human beings. I could never imagine being hurt like that and the feelings that he felt in those moments. Glad Zucc is feeling betterish

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Good read Hellion! Thanks for sharing

Incredible, just incredible. I just cannot se how they can avoid giving the Bill Masterton to Zucc, I just can´t.

What a story. Have to admit my eyes got a little bit wet reading this :)

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Zucc is for sure not gonna rest this summer.... He confirms the club has given him the green light to play in the World Championship in Russia. Starts may 7th. Followed by his All Star Weekend against Forsberg All stars in late June (together with a bunch of Ranger players). Then there is Olympic qualifier games for Norway from september 1st-4th, and then World Cup of Hockey, where Zucc is representing Team Europe......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->