Movies: Matrix 5 in the works

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Turns out that 2021's The Matrix Resurrections wasn’t the end of the Matrix saga after all: a fifth film in the highly successful sci-fi series is now in the works at Warner Bros. Franchise co-creator Lana Wachowski, who helmed Resurrections, is on board to executive produce, but this new film will be written and directed by Drew Goddard (The Martian, The Cabin in the Woods).

This news comes from Deadline, which reports “it’s still early days in regards to whether core castmembers Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne-Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Hugo Weaving, and Jada Pinkett Smith are coming back.”

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I didn't even know there was a Matrix 4. And to be honest I wish I didn't know about Matrices 2 and 3

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Hollywood is seriously so creatively bankrupt they’re gonna to make a FIFTH Matrix movie? The 4th was total trash.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
This is not funny. Im still confused about the Matrix 4. I have to see it 2 or 3 times more to understand some logic behind the Matrix... And now they want to give me another headache?

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
God, why? The fourth one was too large to fit down most toilets. Cant imagine it didnt lose boatloads of money. Probably the most obvious franchise killing movie of the decade thus far. Fishburne wisely avoided appearing in it. Would rather see him and Reeves do more John Wick stuff.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I9CzpP.gif

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
God, why? The fourth one was too large to fit down most toilets. Cant imagine it didnt lose boatloads of money. Probably the most obvious franchise killing movie of the decade thus far. Fishburne wisely avoided appearing in it. Would rather see him and Reeves do more John Wick stuff.
Another John Wick would be equally as creatively bankrupt as matrix 5. How many John wick movies really need to be made?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Just stop. It's embarrassing at this point. The first one was great. The second one was fine. The third one was abysmal. The fourth one, by all accounts since I didn't watch it, was a tire fire.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The trailer for Matrix 4 made it look like there was a crazy amount of potential there for a fantastic movie. I thought it was going to be a whole statement about how we've become even more disconnected from each other with the internet and smart phones since 1999.

The movie fell flat on its face, but if someone ever wanted to write out an intelligent and creative script, there's a great story to be told in there somewhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad