Mathieu Perreault, 4 goal game!

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He had a slow start but wasn't playing bad. He was buried for a while trying to find chemistry in our top 9.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Is this the best free agent signing of the off season?

Good question. Relative to cost, I think it'd be close. Did anyone outside the Ducks' organization know he'd even be available before noon? The hype machine was mercifully broken when you set it to 'Perreault'.

I recall Perreault stating earlier in the season that the Jets offering some power-play time may have tipped the scales toward them.

In any case, thank the hockey Gods that 'NHL insider' Darren Dreger's assessment that Galiardi was the Jets' main offseason aquisition and that they've 'doubled down' on Pavelec was both out of touch and horribly inaccurate.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Is this the best free agent signing of the off season?

...well, it sure looks better than Vanek or Hemsky. Staying in the Central, Ribeiro is turning out okay, but he's only on a 1-year, so let's wait and see how that turns out.

At this point, all things considered, I like the Perreault acquisition for the Jets much more than I like the Spezza acquisition for the Stars.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
As previously said, one of his knocks was his up and down nature. Sometimes he looked incredible, but other times he disappeared. Loved him as a Cap, but I never understand why the team refused to play him as a winger. I don't think he'll ever be a #2C on a cup contender.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I think the move to the wing has helped Perreault a lot in that he's been freed up to be more aggressive and free flowing in the offensive zone. Less responsibility, more time focusing on attacking.

Been a pretty big acquisition for us considering he was a free agent and that he's signed to a sweetheart of a deal. He's a small guy but he scores all his goals from in close. Great at getting open down low and has an accurate shot when he gets his stick on loose pucks.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Really liked MP as a Duck. Really wish Murray had just let him go to arbitration and kept him for one more year, even if he wasn't part of the long term plan. He's exactly what we now need for a 3C. One of the worst decisions Murray has made in his tenure.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Three days ago there was someone in a Ducks GDT who was arguing that Nate Thompson, who has three goals this season, is a better player than Perreault. It was actually incredible to read.

From Day 1 this year Perreault has been an outstanding player for Winnipeg. The points didn't come easy and he didn't bust out until mid November but he was playing very good hockey. He's a fun player to watch, very skilled and quickly becoming a fan favourite in Winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad