Confirmed with Link: Mathieu Olivier extended. 2 years $1.5 million

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Wonder if he got 1-way on both years. Wouldn't surprise me if Poile wanted him 2-way on the first year. Would surprise me if he signed it that quickly if that was the case. I feel like he has earned a permanent spot.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Wonder if he got 1-way on both years. Wouldn't surprise me if Poile wanted him 2-way on the first year. Would surprise me if he signed it that quickly if that was the case. I feel like he has earned a permanent spot.

I assume it's 1 way. The article doesn't have any more details oddly enough

Reactions: Scoresberg

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Honestly think it would be doing him a favor. He's not going to get a second deal with no ice time and getting abused in his own zone.
We'd probably have to try Buffalo or Arizona or some team that is consciously self-imploding. But I guess they'll just say, hey, we'll take him for free when you waive him instead.

I guess that's the tough thing about moving him. Nobody is really going to see asset value in him due to his size. Which is too bad, because he is definitely a legit NHL player. I'd probably be willing to retain 50% and just give him to one of those teams for free, just to see him get another chance. If he stays here, I'm afraid he's going to get buried and then have to find his next contract in Europe, which isn't fair to him, he's a better player than that.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Maybe Edmonton would be interested in Rocco? They seem to like speedsters.

It is a shame. I like his hustle and competitiveness, but he's simply not built to forecheck defensemen into puddles of apple sauce in the corners.

Reactions: triggrman

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
He has same 750k salary for minors, so doesn't that mean it's one way?

You're right. They changed it's a one-way deal. But it's still says that Olivier is Waivers Exempt?

So it's kind of like one-way deal in terms of salary but in terms of movement it's a two-way deal? :huh:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
You're right. They changed it's a one-way deal. But it's still says that Olivier is Waivers Exempt?

So it's kind of like one-way deal in terms of salary but in terms of movement it's a two-way deal? :huh:
"One-way" only means he gets the same salary regardless of whether he plays in the NHL or minors.

Some video game apparently conflated the two and confused a whole generation of people it seems, but waiver status is completely independent.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014

One or two contract just means whether the player gets same or different salary on NHL and AHL, while being waiver exempt is based on age, years since signing an NHL contract and games played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad