Player Discussion: Mathieu Joseph

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Joseph is dangerous as hell on the PK too.

Sometimes I wonder if Cirelli is more dangerous on the PK than at ES?

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Joseph is dangerous as hell on the PK too.

Sometimes I wonder if Cirelli is more dangerous on the PK than at ES?
i think everything will come around for cirelli sometime next year .... just a learning curve focused on the right things then next year he should be pretty consistent point producer he has sooo much ability once he steals a puck really sick ability to me

Reactions: Sk8M8

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
i think everything will come around for cirelli sometime next year .... just a learning curve focused on the right things then next year he should be pretty consistent point producer he has sooo much ability once he steals a puck really sick ability to me

I see him as a possible 20-20 3C, which would make him one of the better 3Cs in the league. It'll be tough for him to break into the top-six on this team.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Read somewhere that he might get some top-six time and maybe PP2 anchorage. Is this feasible given how deep the TB roster is?

Id like to see him at least get some and see how he fits there. He is likely to get a play increase but I dont know how much.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's good enough for top-6 time. If he's a little stronger this year I wouldn't even mind giving him an audition on PP1 in Miller's spot. The role of that forward is all about puck retrieval, so I like Cirelli most, but after that, maybe Joseph. Gourde, for whatever reason, never quite clicked there.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Good player with a nice combination of skating, offense, hitting, and even a bit of sandpaper as he seems to embrace the agitator role once in a while too.
I think he can develop further and do more than he currently shows, however, I also believe the Bolts will lose a good young player in the expansion draft...Joseph and Cirelli are good candidates to end up in Seattle...and I think in many ways, they are both similar players...but Cirelli's smarts and face off prowess (Centers > Wingers usually anyways), trumps what Joseph currently brings.

Would be something to see what Joseph could look like in a regular top six role 2 or 3 years from now though.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i hope he can make a further jump kid has a lot of moxy and skill should be one of our more interesting guys to watch growth wise this year.... think he would be a guy out of blue you say is best unknown or not recognized on team if we hadnt signed shatty for this year.... think shatty is gonna get us like 50 so joseph improvement should still put him lower then that... now if he can jump to a 30 goal year? which is possible but highly unlikely he should get that recognition think he will be a little less then 50 point guy and 20 goals though he does have capability to do more even in limited time just is hard to expect etc...

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I also believe the Bolts will lose a good young player in the expansion draft...Joseph and Cirelli are good candidates to end up in Seattle...

We won’t lose Cirelli to the expansion draft. We might lose him to the cap next summer - it’s going to be nearly impossible for us to keep all three of Cirelli, Sergachev, and Cernak - but if he makes it through the summer and is still on the team when the expansion draft comes around he’ll be protected.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think we'll clearly go 4-4 in the expansion draft and protect Hedman, McDonagh, Serge, and Cernak, and Stamkos, Kucherov, Point, and Cirelli.

From the available, I would hope they want Johnson as a hometown boy and all of that, but I wouldn't count on it. I wouldn't mind a side deal to make sure Johnson is the guy to go, though.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
^
Agree we probably go 4 and 4.
Although there could be a chance we leave Mcdonagh unprotected if his game hypothetically slips

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Early 1st round picks who are developing well are worthy of protection
Two things - First, has he shown he's developing well? He was an early cut in camp this year and does not seem NHL ready.

Second - I don't give two shits about where someone was drafted. We have 8 realistic slots to protect - which of Stamkos Kucherov Point Cirelli Hedman McDonagh Cernak or Sergachev has he shown he deserves to be protected over?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad