Player Discussion: Mathieu Joseph

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah. I like when all of our lines can produce. The Point line is kind of deadly right now. Stamkos has gone quiet again. But we have three effective lines at the moment.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos is still playing well most games honestly, just having trouble getting on the scoresheet.

I think he's been okay. But he's definitely not at the level he was at a week or two ago. He had a stretch where he was shooting 4 and 5 times per night. He hasn't been attacking the net as much since the Florida game, although I still think he's been fine.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I think he's been okay. But he's definitely not at the level he was at a week or two ago. He had a stretch where he was shooting 4 and 5 times per night. He hasn't been attacking the net as much since the Florida game, although I still think he's been fine.

I think Gourde losing the puck every time he touches it and Palat feeding the opponents more than his teammates might have something to do with it.

Reactions: NatoGhost

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I think Gourde losing the puck every time he touches it and Palat feeding the opponents more than his teammates might have something to do with it.
Probably Stamkos still gets on the board during the PP though hopefully he can get some even strength points tonight. He would require some help from Gourde and Joseph/Palat.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Gourde's going through a bit of a rough patch, but I think the line was buzzing much better when Palat got up there. Joseph and Gourde are kind of redundant skillsets, so unless you're going to build an entire line of 100% balls to the wall speedsters, Stamkos slows them down too much.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I take back the Brown comparison, guy has definitely turned it up. :laugh:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The Lightning have posted the top-10 plays of the first 40 games on Facebook - two of them were Joseph goals.

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
I see he got 2 assists last night even though he played the fewest minutes on the team. I wonder if his ice time will improve significantly next year?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I have no issues with the way he's been used even though I think he's capable of more. We're winning, and that trumps everything else.

Joseph is versatile enough that I don't think there's any harm being done with limiting his minutes. He'll be an important factor in the coming years though as the cap forces us to shed some salary. Joseph is one of the reasons we, as a fanbase, aren't overly worried. He looks to me like a guy who could replace a 20-25 goal-scorer pretty easily. And his playmaking is arguably better than his goal-scoring, but he hasn't really had a chance to show it off yet.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
A) we're deep on RW with Kucherov, Gourde, and Miller.

B) He's young - there's no reason to give him so much responsibility before we know he can handle it.

C) He adds an element to the fourth line that makes it an absolute pain in the ass to play against. We have 4 lines that can score.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
A) we're deep on RW with Kucherov, Gourde, and Miller.

B) He's young - there's no reason to give him so much responsibility before we know he can handle it.

C) He adds an element to the fourth line that makes it an absolute pain in the ass to play against. We have 4 lines that can score.

Agreed. Having four lines that can roll is gonna be huge come playoff times. Spread the wealth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad