Mathieu Corbeil-Theriault

R S

Sep 18, 2006
What's the down low on this kid? I really liked him in his draft year but he seems to have slid a bit in his performance and future potential.

Where does he stand right now? Is he the legit go-to guy in Saint John?

BLBarmada

I believe so, if he can carry the team to the promise land ala Desserres then he should be drafted.

BLBarmada

Forgot about that... But this year will tell wether or not he can make it in the bigs.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
His confidence was absolutely shot playing in Halifax. Saw a lot of rubber and saw a lot of it go past him. Tough for a young kid to be between the pipes for such a difficult span of time.

Usual course of events in Halifax would see him start strongly, for maybe half of the first period, then let in a goal (maybe his fault, maybe defensive breakdown), then you could just watch him deflate. He'd play deeper in his net, he'd be visibly frustrated and the goals would just continue to pile up.

Question remains on whether he can turn it around in Saint John. Worth noting that this is the first winning team he's ever been a part of. Ever. Going back to when he first started playing.

Still has that great size, still moves well, needs to continue to refine his technique, but the biggest questions are the mental side of the game. This will be a very important season for him.

BLBarmada

@Kevin Forbes your kidding about the winning team thing right ??

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
From what I saw in camp, his posture kind of bothers me. Maybe that's because he's growing into a tall frame, but he always seemed hunched over in the crease. And Forbes isn't joking about the winning team thing. Jackets management are hoping that he's simply a case of a good goaltender on a poor team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->