Mathieu Carle

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I am also interested. I own him in a keeper league and want to know if he has a shot at the NHL any time soon.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't watch Hamilton Bulldogs games unless on cbc so I don't see him a lot.
Anyone know how is he doing?

He's been solid this year, plays on the top pairing with Brendon Nash and on the PP and PK. He's had a career high in goals, moves the puck well, is solid in his own end. Was a replacement in the AHL All star game this year, his first. It will be interesting what the future holds for him.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
He's been solid this year, plays on the top pairing with Brendon Nash and on the PP and PK. He's had a career high in goals, moves the puck well, is solid in his own end. Was a replacement in the AHL All star game this year, his first. It will be interesting what the future holds for him.

thanks,
I think they will use him as trade bait

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Sorry for going OT, but how has Brendon Nash been playing this year too?

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
I don't think Carle has been given a fair chance in the organization to show what he is capable of. During his 4 seasons in AHL, he has only seen 3 NHL games for the Habs. I have a gut feeling that he might end up another "Robidas" or "Hainsey".

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Brendan Nash is doing very good. He could make the Habs next year if we cant sign UFA defenseman.

I could see him perhaps getting some games in when injuries hit

Sorry for going OT, but how has Brendon Nash been playing this year too?

Very good. I saw him at Cornell and thought he would be a solid addition for Hamilton but I'm surprised at just how well he's doing especially offensively where he leads the team in scoring among the defense. Hamilton is among the top teams in the AHL the last few years, but he's been able to jump right in and work his way up to the top pairing, PP and also sees time on the PK.

The goods news is that he's got a good frame, moves well, is smart and hard working. If he continues to progress as he has this year, perhaps he could start seeing some time in the NHL next year and looks to be on his way to being a regular down the road. But we'll see how it goes, as there are growing pains still, which are to be expecting since he's making the jump from the ECAC to the AHL. I'm also impressed at how well he's adjusted, especially going from playing 30ish games a year at Cornell to 80+ game schedule.

I don't think Carle has been given a fair chance in the organization to show what he is capable of. During his 4 seasons in AHL, he has only seen 3 NHL games for the Habs. I have a gut feeling that he might end up another "Robidas" or "Hainsey".

Well injuries have hampered his career to date, he just can't stay healthy. This year it's only been minor injuries so he's missed 8 or so games after missing over 50 last year. Plus with Subban and Weber in front of him, with all 3 being offensive right handed D's, makes it tough to find a spot for him. Hard to say what his future holds, I thought he played well in the 3 games he got, if the Habs get another injury to their D I would he will get the call. If not it will be interesting to see what happens with him.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Carle has done a great job stepping it up in place of Weber. He plays a heads up game and also has some scoring touch. Yesterday he scored twice, even though only one counted, but the 2nd one went in. It was a bad call. We saw on the replay after the game it was clearly in and Carle mentioned to me that he saw it go in off the mid bar and out. Very geniune guy as well, very polite.

On the other hand, though Nash has put up points and does look good at times, he has also been very inconsistent. Some nights he can look lost and also give up some horrific gaffs. Some games he has just been extremely frustrating and the reason for specific goals against. If he can become more consistent, he has the tools to be a decent NHLer I'd say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad