Player Discussion: Mathew Barzal

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
People really care about this? Barzal won with a huge margin and a few votes can't ruin this.

It's like the baseball hall of fame voting where a guy or two purposely don't vote for the people they know should win.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
It's like the baseball hall of fame voting where a guy or two purposely don't vote for the people they know should win.
True, but why do we need to care about them? Leave them be with their own stupidity/pettiness.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
My god, what a gem. I’d pay just to watch him.

Complete awe, NYI must do everything to protect this guy. That’s why you keep Eberle at least for this season. A 2C to throw out there keeping other teams honest would be nice.

Last edited:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I hope you guys wait for a bit and allow this guy to be even better, reason being is I hope you guys name him captain. Been a follower since his thunderbird days and was so thankful bruins skipped 3 times and was, even more, happier he won calder. Even when he is down he always come over and helps out so i cant wait to see what he does next!

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
DiLoWWRUYAAtg5n.jpg

The Mat and Matt bromance begins

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The video of him dangling posted earlier in the thread

So glad that Martin is back, he bleeds Orange and Blue. Barzal will have multiple bruisers watching his back.

Another underrated benefit is that Sydney Esiason was the leader of the WAG's and she can now return to that role.

We need all the high character we can get after finding out Pajamas was a POS snake.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
So glad that Martin is back, he bleeds Orange and Blue. Barzal will have multiple bruisers watching his back.

Another underrated benefit is that Sydney Esiason was the leader of the WAG's and she can now return to that role.

We need all the high character we can get after finding out Pajamas was a POS snake.

When we made the playoffs she really rallied all the Troops and was going balls to the wall! Not to mention she’s an absolute smoke show.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I know 85 points is a tough act to follow. But I am going to predict another 80 points season for Barzal this year. He's going to get prime mins this year with the Isles best wingers. Followed this kid since Seattle, and one thing I know. He is working on getting even better next year. Without Judas, I think he will get even better. Since that one got alot of the prime offensive mins. But now being the clear cut #1C on the Isles. Barzal has too much talent to not be even better. Those are my 2 cents.

Reactions: WangMustGo

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I know 85 points is a tough act to follow. But I am going to predict another 80 points season for Barzal this year. He's going to get prime mins this year with the Isles best wingers. Followed this kid since Seattle, and one thing I know. He is working on getting even better next year. Without Judas, I think he will get even better. Since that one got alot of the prime offensive mins. But now being the clear cut #1C on the Isles. Barzal has too much talent to not be even better. Those are my 2 cents.

I can't wait for Barzal to shut the haters up. Hopefully he improves upon his rookie season. The power play will run through him now, which it should have last year as well.

Barzal is too good to falter.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I can't wait for Barzal to shut the haters up. Hopefully he improves upon his rookie season. The power play will run through him now, which it should have last year as well.

Barzal is too good to falter.

Hi Wang,

I have been a believer of this kid for some time. You have to check the prospects thread and the many haters, actually most were Leafs fans for some reason? I am not sure why? Only maybe because Barzal has already proven he is better than Marner is the only logical reason I can surmise. But he has already proven those posters wrong by having the best rookie season since Malkin's.

There are going to be some that continually put him down, but when they go low, Barzal will go high and higher. One thing this kid has is playmaking off the charts. As long as he has this talent, he is going to keep the haters at bay. No worries mate.

Reactions: WangMustGo

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
I think the hockey world is going to realize the whole BS narrative of Barzal seeing top pairing defenders more this year is exactly that, BS. Its been mentioned here before but someone tweeted the stats that Barzal saw the top pairing defenders 55% of the time or something like that in comparison to Tavares' 45% (im not 100% on the exact figures). Hes going to play his game, be very hard to keep up with and be the starting C in OT instead of JT who was atrocious 3v3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad