Confirmed with Link: Matheson Receives Two Game Suspension

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Again, since the league is essentially promoting skill and weeding out fighting, they need to start getting these disciplinary actions right.

They need to seriously restructure DoPS and who they hire. You can't have Quintal or Pronger or those kinds of guys, they have a clear bias towards the transgressors. Most of the time it is a common sense suspension and should have nothing to do with a "hockey play". I wouldn't be opposed to having non-league representatives involved since they've screwed it up so many times.

The fact that it took so long for Marchand to get an suspension is the case study for how corrupt the current system is.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Again, since the league is essentially promoting skill and weeding out fighting, they need to start getting these disciplinary actions right.

They need to seriously restructure DoPS and who they hire. You can't have Quintal or Pronger or those kinds of guys, they have a clear bias towards the transgressors. Most of the time it is a common sense suspension and should have nothing to do with a "hockey play". I wouldn't be opposed to having non-league representatives involved since they've screwed it up so many times.

The fact that it took so long for Marchand to get an suspension is the case study for how corrupt the current system is.
George freaking Parros now as well...

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Of course, it’s all Roussell’s fault and by extension JB.
Predictable..
What are you talking about Roussells first game back from a freakin concussion and you want him out there fighting?? Give it a rest with this BS. Gudbranson yes, but not Roussell bub :facepalm:

Reactions: JuniorNelson

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
well last night was a good reminder of how this fan base is capable of perpetrating riots.

my take

-i second guess green a little for chasing the win, but i also try to defer to his experience and situational awareness. i do not fully grasp how the code would allow that hit to pass because matheson does not have a history and/or it was a close game in the third. i do not grok the decision.

-afaik neither guddy nor roussel nor schaller were on the ice. so if green called them off on the bench i blame none of them at all even a tiny bit. roussel gets a bonus pass coming off a concussion himself.

-the guys on the ice are the ones who owe an explanation, assuming they saw it.

-the way this place went from supposed rational analytics hothouse that routinely ridicules signing anyone for physical/fighting ability to instantly demanding blood to ferociously attacking those who didn't deliver blood was quite an education for me. next time someone claims we don't need a gudbranson in the modern nhl they had best explain who they expected to draw the blood they demanded.

-folks using this as an opportunity to attack benning, gudbranson i guess can have their day but i see no point proven. nobody ever once said gudbranson would 100% prevent these events happening, but it definitely did not stop it from happening on this occasion.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
-afaik neither guddy nor roussel nor schaller were on the ice. so if green called them off on the bench i blame none of them at all even a tiny bit. roussel gets a bonus pass coming off a concussion himself.

According to the shift charts, Gudbranson/Hutton pairing was on with Goldobin Eriksson.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
well last night was a good reminder of how this fan base is capable of perpetrating riots.

my take

-i second guess green a little for chasing the win, but i also try to defer to his experience and situational awareness. i do not fully grasp how the code would allow that hit to pass because matheson does not have a history and/or it was a close game in the third. i do not grok the decision.

-the guys on the ice are the ones who owe an explanation, assuming they saw it.

-the way this place went from supposed rational analytics hothouse that routinely ridicules signing anyone for physical/fighting ability to instantly demanding blood to ferociously attacking those who didn't deliver blood was quite an education for me. next time someone claims we don't need a gudbranson in the modern nhl they had best explain who they expected to draw the blood they demanded.

-folks using this as an opportunity to attack benning, gudbranson i guess can have their day but i see no point proven. nobody ever once said gudbranson would 100% prevent these events happening, but it definitely did not stop it from happening on this occasion.

I never "demanded blood." I simply pointed out how the "deterrence" was not effective and called Gudbranson a hypocrite for his previous words on the matter. I'm glad he didn't do anything; proves my point entirely.

It's easy to have these sort of simplistic views though when you just lump the opinions of 250 people together.

Reactions: timw33

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
According to the shift charts, Gudbranson/Hutton pairing was on with Goldobin Eriksson.

was guddy on the point? i tried to figure that out afterwards running the pvr back and it looked like he was changing a little earlier.

if he was there on the point and saw it, he deserves criticism.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
was guddy on the point? i tried to figure that out afterwards running the pvr back and it looked like he was changing a little earlier.

if he was there on the point and saw it, he deserves criticism.

Stecher and Pouliot were the defenders on the ice at the time of the hit. Pouliot had the clearest view but I'm still not sure he would've seen the extra shove.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I don't think anyone who was on the ice saw it happen as it happened. Except the ref.

and he called nothing, presumably from his angle thinking it was a fair check from a non dirty player aggravated by pettersson's lack of weight. i think the isolation tape showing the sequence just before and the emphasis at the end of the check is what damns matheson. there's a definite flourish at the end that denotes that it was a retaliation.

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
Is it confirmed Elias suffered a concussion? Im hoping he didnt, might just had air sucked out of him from the drop....I hope

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad