GWT: Matchweek 28: Midweek fun

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
United have some injury fun.

Lingard, Herrerra, and Mata picked up hamstring injuries against Liverpool and will be out.

Matic, Jones, Darmian, Valencia, and Martial are still out.

Rashford is iffy with his ankle injury.

One of their first names in attack who would be called up to fill out the squad in this case (Mason Greenwood) is also injured. Angel Gomes, James Garner, and Tahith Chong will likely be on the bench, one may start, and they all may end up seeing playing time as subs.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Look at @hatterson showing off adding records and links!

United are missing a ton of guys. Lingard, Matic, Jones, Martial, Ander, Mata all out with Rashford most likely out.

Lots of muscle injuries. Have to wonder if the midseason change in styles from Jose to Ole aren't a factor. Stand in your zone to run the entire field, without a preseason to build up.
Oh well. Gotta move on. Fred, Alexis, and Andreas need to step up. Hopefully Chong features at some stage.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton rapidly making me more stressed about the final stretch....

I thought safety was inevitable after the start they had

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Almiron was obviously way too good to stay with Atlanta.

Big clubs are going to be sniffing around him very quickly.
And who was it saying this before he even moved to Newcastle? (Just tooting my own horn a little bit just a joke) no but really I said he could come in and immediately start for Arsenal or at least get solid time and I still stand by that.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
And who was it saying this before he even moved to Newcastle? (Just tooting my own horn a little bit just a joke) no but really I said he could come in and immediately start for Arsenal or at least get solid time and I still stand by that.
It was me that was against that - he's played well, but he definitely wouldn't start for Arsenal.

Last edited:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Not really sure how the FA decided on the games (all the top-6 playing on Wednesday - turns out they're at the same time as Real-Barca, so won't watch any PL games anyway :D ), but sometimes it's cool to just watch mid-table / bottom clubs duke it out.

Ended up watching Newcastle - Burnley.

Thing is, I remember Newcastle as a PL champion and a club Dinamo played in 98 in the CL qualification (and was robbed by the ref, but let's not get into that hah).
So, I'm sorta split when I watch them - I wanted them to win yesterday, but at the same time the whole Mike Ashley thing... I don't know, does it get better before hitting rock bottom?
Would the average Newcastle fan prefer to lose and go down if that meant Ashley would sell his bit and go away?

Anyway...
I know Rafa had a bad stretch at Madrid, but the job he's doing with Newcastle has been fantastic. It took a while, but the team I've seen tonight and in the Liverpool and City games certainly deserves to stay up and is looking so much better than when I watched them play in the first half of the season.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Also congratulations to Wolverhampton "Guaranteed Top Six" Wolves on losing to Huddersfield "Third Win of the Season" Town

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad