GDT: Match tre: Alla hagla för Silfverberg! Ducks vs Jets. Klockan 5:00 PM PST 10/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Hey I got a questions boys, I got a blank Ducks jersey and I think I wanna get Lindolm done on it, do you think he will keep 47 or do you think he will change it?

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Sbisa never really shows anything. He's a 6th defenseman until he proves he's better. I really doubt he suddenly turns into a solid 2nd pairing guy. I'd settle for him becoming a better version of Lovejoy (more physical, better breakout passes) at this point.

That's straight up BS. He HAS shown that he has top 4 capability but, he has never done it at a consistent level. Consistency is one of the biggest differences between a top 4 dman and a bottom pairing dman. Sbisa has yet to show the consistency to be a top 4 dman but, he has certainly shown that he has the ability.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Biggest thing I worry about with Sbisa sometimes is that we'll give up on him and he'll start putting it together elsewhere. The guy's only 23 turning 24, and while he might lack in hockey IQ, he's got enough talent to make it work. A guy like Braydon Coburn never really put it together until around the same age, and he's got the same problem. Sbisa will probably never become a top flight kind of guy, but I definitely think he can become that 2/3 tweener type who can play on any pairing, like Coburn or Johnny Boychuk, both of whom could be considered late bloomers in today's NHL.
It's not always the age that's the factor. Sometimes players need a kick in the ass via trade(hell, Lupul needed several) or just a change of scenery to make progress. If he really is stagnating, then we can't let the fact that he might flourish somewhere else stop us from considering his trade. You really just have to boil it down to whether you game him a fair chance to prove himself while he was here.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
That's straight up BS. He HAS shown that he has top 4 capability but, he has never done it at a consistent level. Consistency is one of the biggest differences between a top 4 dman and a bottom pairing dman. Sbisa has yet to show the consistency to be a top 4 dman but, he has certainly shown that he has the ability.

When has he played like a top 4 defenseman ever in his career?

I'm not denying he has the "potential", I'm saying he never actually realizes it in the games.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Hey I got a questions boys, I got a blank Ducks jersey and I think I wanna get Lindolm done on it, do you think he will keep 47 or do you think he will change it?

I could see him taking number 44 from Souray once his contract is up. Lindholm wore #4 in Norfolk, but he's obviously not going to get that with Fowler here for at least the next 5 years.

Vatanen will probably take #9 or #44 once Souray retires

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
My thoughts on the game:

- Score didn't show how dominant we were, could have been a lot more lopsided.
- That was the best game I've seen Lovejoy play in a Ducks jersey. Except for his routine 2 icings a game he was solid and played Kane really well. If he can do that consistently I won't have a problem with him in the top 4 anymore.
- Same with Allen, one of the better games I've seen him play in a Ducks jersey.
- Fowler was our best player on the ice tonight
- Beauchemin looks better than he has but still lacks explosiveness. We're not going to see the Beauch of last year until his skating ability is back to its normal self
- Lindholm looked pretty good, not too overwhelmed although he really could use some more muscle.
- That was Vatanen's worst game so far. He was physically abused a few times and Ladd made him look silly on the second Jets goal.
- Getzlaf was good but not great. It would be nice to see some consistent production out of him soon, MP isn't going to keep up his PPG pace and we need our first line to be on the scoreboard consistently if we want to win
- Perry looked reasonably good. The goal was a gimme but I think it's what he needs to get his confidence back
- Teemu was pretty good
- Silfverberg was solid
- Perrault is as expected. Shifty, agile and creative. If he can maintain a decent level of production over the whole season we're not going to be needing a 2C anymore.
- Penner needs to skate harder for loose pucks but is good down low and did a few good things.
- 3rd line is still awesome
- Bonino was solid.
- Maroon was pretty good
- Palmieri had a few spurts before leaving the game where he looked dangerous. He looked better than last game

No one will wear #9 again imo. After the open mic they had earlier for season ticket holders sounded like they are going to retire Kariyas number sometime in the future

Dan Wood who I would expect has some insider knowledge about these things said shortly after the open mic session on twitter when a fan asked about retiring #9 that he was a massive Kariya fan but he didn't see the franchise retiring the jersey.

Anyway I think it would pay to wait unless you want the rookie number. Everyone who has stuck with the big club so far has received a lower number. If Vatanen and Etem stick the rest of the year I expect they'll be the next two to receive low digits.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Love the angry Winnipeg fans at the end :yo:.

Who would of thought we'd be on 4/6 points after that Colorado game?

Have to say, Allen has been the best defenceman on the Ducks so far, love how he's actually using his frame along the boards all the time now to cut off opposition forwards, and lets an Anaheim player swoop in for the puck. Vatanen has helped on that pairing as well, but I really wish he would try and get out of the way of more hits.

Silf really adds more to this team then Ryan as well in terms he can play on both ends of the ice, something Ryan never really did.

Liked Lindholm's game, didn't look out of place per say, made some nice defensive plays as well.

My only complaint would be that the game should of been sealed a lot earlier, absolutely dominant performance.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I'm worried about our special teams a little bit, but it's only three games in. What's the consensus on lindholm over fistric? Thought our defense was much better, but I think a lot of that had to do with Minnesota being a better team as well.

I can't tell yet. Lindholm is a better all around player obviously. Fistric is not a bad as I thought he would be, he's actually a decent #6. As for forechecking pressure, I thought Lindholm held up well against the Kings in the preseason game I watched. But his reckless willingness to take hits and love for middle of the ice passes worry me a bit.

Wouldn't it be nice, if Sbisa could step the **** up and become the top 4 guy we all want Bob to trade for. :laugh: If he could play a solid game on the blueline and chip in 20 points I'd pee my pants.

Better be standing someplace with a drain when he gets that 20th point.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Silf is fine. He can finish. Thats something lacking in our Maroons, Beleskys, Winniks. I dont care how many "chances" our 4th and 3rd line produce... itd be nice to have some finishing ability on there... like an Etem. Hopefully he puts up 20 goals with his limited PP time.

Perrault is awesome. Was excited when the trade happened. Its way too early to say the guy is goina put up 40+ points... but he reminds of kunitz... in so much that he is quickly finding chemistry with other players.

Getz and Perry dont look dangerous. Their best attribute right now is that they soak up other team's top defensive assignments. I dont know if theres conditioning or motivation issues... or if they desperately need a 3rd talented member.... but outside of... kunitz? Has anyone played well with them? Penner for 07? I am not knocking on them because they havent scored really... but in terms of puck possession and controling the game and being dangerous ... i know they can gather the puck in the defensive zone and dump it into the opponents end before making a linechange... but thats the end of the story.

Sbisa... no reason he cant get 20 points or even be more physical. Still needs a year or two before you can say hes a permanent bottom pairing guy. Hes got everything you need physically to be a great defender.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Silf is fine. He can finish. Thats something lacking in our Maroons, Beleskys, Winniks. I dont care how many "chances" our 4th and 3rd line produce... itd be nice to have some finishing ability on there... like an Etem. Hopefully he puts up 20 goals with his limited PP time.
'like an Etem'?

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves, Etem hasn't exactly shown he has that great finishing ability at the pro level just yet outside of a couple of good playoff games.

Hopefully for the Ducks he shows more this season.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

Perrault is awesome. Was excited when the trade happened. Its way too early to say the guy is goina put up 40+ points... but he reminds of kunitz... in so much that he is quickly finding chemistry with other players.

Getz and Perry dont look dangerous. Their best attribute right now is that they soak up other team's top defensive assignments. I dont know if theres conditioning or motivation issues... or if they desperately need a 3rd talented member.... but outside of... kunitz? Has anyone played well with them? Penner for 07? I am not knocking on them because they havent scored really... but in terms of puck possession and controling the game and being dangerous ... i know they can gather the puck in the defensive zone and dump it into the opponents end before making a linechange... but thats the end of the story.

Sbisa... no reason he cant get 20 points or even be more physical. Still needs a year or two before you can say hes a permanent bottom pairing guy. Hes got everything you need physically to be a great defender.

With the personell we have now, it would be interesting to see Cogliano with Getzlaf and Perry. I remember him getting some time on the top line a couple of years ago, but he's improved so much since. But there's no reason to split up the 3rd line either.

Getzlaf and Perry would certainly benefit from a Kunitz type on their line. There's few players like that though, and team's are usually unwilling to trade them.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal

Bobby Ryan. Why has everyone forgotten how good that line was when they had chemistry until 2011-2012 season? In 2010-11 they were easily the best line in hockey.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Great game and defense looked best has all season. I think teams with poor speed/talent will struggle against the ducks but dont think this will work against the top teams.

I think perry got a kick jn the ass when getzy and him got split. Maybe we need to move away from them togther all the time.

I really liked having penners big body with pereault and silf. But I dont like selanne with getzy... where does he end up?

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Great game and defense looked best has all season. I think teams with poor speed/talent will struggle against the ducks but dont think this will work against the top teams.

I think perry got a kick jn the ass when getzy and him got split. Maybe we need to move away from them togther all the time.

I really liked having penners big body with pereault and silf. But I dont like selanne with getzy... where does he end up?

Teemu will be on the 2nd line whenever he is not scratched imo.

Uno Bench

Swedish citizen
Mar 7, 2012
" Match tre: Alla hagla för Silfverberg! Ducks vs Jets. Klockan 5:00 PM PST 10/6 " :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->