GDT: Match tre: Alla hagla för Silfverberg! Ducks vs Jets. Klockan 5:00 PM PST 10/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Lindholm in for Fistric means either he plays on the top pairing, or that you see Lindholm - Lovejoy, or that Vatanen - Allen is broken up. I'm not sure I like any of those possibilities.

Go Ducks!

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Are we really worried about breaking up d-pairings considering how that unit has looked so far?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think Allen - Vatanen has been fine.

Edit - I also think move either off the 3rd pairing and they'll no longer be fine.

Fun fact - Allen led all D in ESTOI last night.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I can't wait for the Jets to get another superstar to worship. I get Teemu was great there for a couple years, but he's ours now. You know, just for the past 17 years.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Teemu pre-game

Teemu-speaks-300x200.jpg

Everyone was waiting for Teemu who was mobbed by the media. Had lots to say.

To listen click here.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I can't wait for the Jets to get another superstar to worship. I get Teemu was great there for a couple years, but he's ours now. You know, just for the past 17 years.
Some of their declarations of ownership used to make me twitch, too. But not so much anymore. They had a few seasons two decades ago, and a couple big nights since then. We've watched this guy for parts of 15 seasons here, game in and out. I don't mind if they want to have a big party tonight.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I'm fine with it. I just hate the time warp they're stuck in. It's a bit annoying. Just a bit.

I am happy there's another large group of fans who know the greatness of Teemu.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lindholm in for Fistric means either he plays on the top pairing, or that you see Lindholm - Lovejoy, or that Vatanen - Allen is broken up. I'm not sure I like any of those possibilities.

Go Ducks!
So what you've been saying, in a nutshell, is that there is nobody on this blueline that should be benched in favor of Lindholm. Okay. Let's just wait for Sbisa to be rested up and then send Lindholm down hoping he enjoyed watching. Those pairings you are so confident in, whose to say Lindholm won't somehow surprise and do better or work better with one of those guys?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
And on that note if you don't want a Lovejoy-Lindholm pairing, why not just go Beauchemin-Fistric Fowler-Lindholm Allen-Vatanen. Cam and Hampus could compliment each other well.

RPGrizzly

Jan 5, 2006
Are we really worried about breaking up d-pairings considering how that unit has looked so far?

Not worried, especially coming off a win. I think that if the coaches wanted to get a good look at Lindholm, Winnipeg would be a good chance to. Personally I don't think we'll see him until someone goes down or it becomes obvious the defense needs to be shaken up, and that's not the case yet. But like I said, it's something Bruce should at least be considering. There's always going to be speculation when you have a talent like Lindholm as your 7th defenseman.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
So what you've been saying, in a nutshell, is that there is nobody on this blueline that should be benched in favor of Lindholm. Okay. Let's just wait for Sbisa to be rested up and then send Lindholm down hoping he enjoyed watching. Those pairings you are so confident in, whose to say Lindholm won't somehow surprise and do better or work better with one of those guys?

My point was that Fistric and Lindholm don't play even remotely the same type of game, and I was looking at the repercussions of actually starting Lindholm with the current roster, as opposed to the typical "I WANT THE NEW TOY!!!!" mentality with no analysis of the repercussions. I was trying to stimulate discussion on the actual pairings, not being dogmatic - feel free to convince me how those pairings will actually work. I didn't say anything other than I thought that Lindholm on the top pairing was a questionable decision (especially with Beauchemin not being himself yet), and that I don't think Allen Vatanen has been our most stable pairing and shouldn't be broken up.

And on that note if you don't want a Lovejoy-Lindholm pairing, why not just go Beauchemin-Fistric Fowler-Lindholm Allen-Vatanen. Cam and Hampus could compliment each other well.

I think Fowler - Lindholm has less physical ability than Fowler - Lovejoy, which concerns me, but I think that it's a better option than swapping Fistric.

There's also the usual reluctance to change too much after a win.

Edit - Lindholm -Fistric actually played well together in preseason. If Beauchemin and Fowler could actually figure their **** out I'd be fine with that as a pairing with Allen Vatanen as well.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
My point was that Fistric and Lindholm don't play even remotely the same type of game, and I was looking at the repercussions of actually starting Lindholm with the current roster, as opposed to the typical "I WANT THE NEW TOY!!!!" mentality with no analysis of the repercussions. I was trying to stimulate discussion on the actual pairings, not being dogmatic - feel free to convince me how those pairings will actually work. I didn't say anything other than I thought that Lindholm on the top pairing was a questionable decision (especially with Beauchemin not being himself yet), and that I don't think Allen Vatanen has been our most stable pairing and shouldn't be broken up.

I think Fowler - Lindholm has less physical ability than Fowler - Lovejoy, which concerns me, but I think that it's a better option than swapping Fistric.

Edit - Lindholm -Fistric actually played well together in preseason. If Beauchemin and Fowler could actually figure their **** out I'd be fine with that as a paring with Allen Vatanen as pairs.

Repercussions of what? You're afraid of changing something that sucks?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Edit - Lindholm -Fistric actually played well together in preseason. If Beauchemin and Fowler could actually figure their **** out I'd be fine with that as a pairing with Allen Vatanen as well.

I understand your points and they're valid but the kid has gotta jump in sometime if we're gonna try him. I think a 9 game tryout isn't even in the cards anymore but if he's wasting his time in the pressbox and not in Norfolk he should play at some point. There's no sense in keeping him around until there's a systems failure with the pairings. His being with the team means he's earned the right to be with the team, and that should include actually playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->