GDT: Match tre: Alla hagla för Silfverberg! Ducks vs Jets. Klockan 5:00 PM PST 10/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Second game of the weekend. The Jets are 2-0 and the Ducks took their first victory last night making it 1-1 for them. Winnipeg is a tough place but for some reason their fans will cheer for Teemu. Maybe Pavelec could be kind enough to let him score say 5 goals?

Fasth is going to start in goal and Teemu Salami is playing tonight after skipping last game. Hopefully his hands aren't tired after signing all those autographs. Otherwise the lineup is probably going to be mixed up a bit.

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Silfverberg-Perreault-Selänne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Beleskey-Bonino-Penner
Maroon

Beauchemin-Fowler
Allen-Vatanen
Fistric-Lovejoy
Lindholm

Fasth
Hiller

Winnipeg's expected lineup:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Setoguchi-Scheifele-Kane
Tangradi-Jokinen-Frolik
Wright-Slater-Thorburn

Byfuglien-Enström
Trouba-Bogosian
Stuart-Postma

Pavelec
Montoya​

Can't believe they have a player named Thorburn, how badass name is that?

Anyway, I'm expecting a win to jinx it all. First goals of the season for Getzlaf and Vatanen. Let's go Ducks!

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
4-1 Winnipeg.

I'd like to see more of the Fowler-Lovejoy pairing though.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Nice GDT but what the hell do you mean by "hagla"?, how has silfver been so far?

I tried to translate "All hail Silfverberg" to Swedish, translator gave me "hagla" for "hail" which didn't translate too well :laugh:. Can any Swedish person correct me? I have studied Swedish for five years and still can't get it right.

edit: Silfverberg has been very good, two goals already. He has some chemistry with Perreault but we would like to see him get some time with Getzlaf and Perry.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
I tried to translate "All hail Silfverberg" to Swedish, translator gave me "hagla" for "hail" which didn't translate too well :laugh:. Can any Swedish person correct me? I have studied Swedish for five years and still can't get it right.

edit: Silfverberg has been very good, two goals already. He has some chemistry with Perreault but we would like to see him get some time with Getzlaf and Perry.
Why didn't you use word "allihopa"? it sounds so much more swedish than "alla" :laugh:

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009

Isn't it more like a hail storm nugget of ice. "hagel" or am I completely off? Seems like I am. Hagel is used as a "hälsning" or salutatory. So many years of swedish studied. My grandma was swedish speaking, my father is bilingual as are all my cousins, but all I know in swedish is "Stålmannen flög genom fönstrett" and propably even that contains some kind of grammatical errors.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Isn't it more like a hail storm nugget of ice. "hagel" or am I completely off? Seems like I am. Hagel is used as a "hälsning" or salutatory. So many years of swedish studied. My grandma was swedish speaking, my father is bilingual as are all my cousins, but all I know in swedish is "Stålmannen flög genom fönstrett" and propably even that contains some kind of grammatical errors.

True, I translated the word "hail" which can also mean a sort of ice rain just like you said, so hagla means the same thing in Swedish :laugh:.

I don't know if I should change the title or keep it for lols.

Laista

Apr 21, 2012
Gävle
Hälsad Vare Silfverberg - is like Hail to the....
So that could work
Looks a little bit quicker #33 this year, hope he fits in the pack.
But GOD! we miss him here i Gävle Sweden.
And i always wanted him to end up on C spot i Senators.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Go Ducks! Teemu is going to score tonight

I don't think you will find anyone in Winnipeg that would be sad about that, as long as we win 2-1 :laugh:. Good luck guys, I love being in the west so far...at least till the late west coast starts :help:.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Hope for another strong start tonight. Will be working through maybe half of the game again but will try to watch what I can. Liked what I've seen from Silf and MP

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Good luck tonight boys.
I'm thinking it'll be a good close game.
Also, I love that half your GDT is trying to figure out Swedish words :laugh:

Oh and if you're forget Teemu at the airport, don't worry we'll take good care of him.

Ducks Ahoy

Effort = overrated
Jun 9, 2013
Orange County
Good luck tonight boys.
I'm thinking it'll be a good close game.
Also, I love that half your GDT is trying to figure out Swedish words :laugh:

Oh and if you're forget Teemu at the airport, don't worry we'll take good care of him.

Good luck to you guys as well :cheers:

Should be an exciting game:nod:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Would like to see lindholm in tonight to see if he can improve the transition game.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA

No.

2nd line has looked like it can score 5 on 5.
3rd line has looked good 5 on 5.
4th line with bonino, belesky, maroon have played well... but really, belesky and maroons hands havent looked the most offensive.

I dont want to see silf put on the top line. I dont want to waste any chemistry or good combos by putting them with getz and perry.

Perry has looked slow. Bad. Weak. Uninterested. And untalented.

Until that top line fixes its motivation or conditioning or whatever, this team is going to rely on its depth scoring.

Getz has looked fine. But if perry looks like this 10 more games, i want him down a couple lines and etem/palms on getz wing.

Perry has just looked like a nondangerous floater. People crack on other guys being floaters or slow. People are critical cuz old selanne cant control the puck sometimes and turns it over.

9mil per year perry cant do any of those things either. And hes the definition of a floater right now. We shouldnt be rewarding his kine by putting productive guys there.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
People are looking at Perry with a pretty jaundiced eye right now. He flubs passes and can't deke so he's a floater. Perry's never been a floater and he's not one now. Last night in the second he powered to the net, fought off the defender got a shot on goal that damn near went in, sent the rebound through the crease which again almost went in, all while falling over like he always does.

One inch, and people are talking about how great he played and how he got the monkey off his back. Instead, he's a lazy overpaid floater. Perry scores on that breakaway, shoots it one inch lower on that first period chance....whatever.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
People are looking at Perry with a pretty jaundiced eye right now. He flubs passes and can't deke so he's a floater. Perry's never been a floater and he's not one now. Last night in the second he powered to the net, fought off the defender got a shot on goal that damn near went in, sent the rebound through the crease which again almost went in, all while falling over like he always does.

One inch, and people are talking about how great he played and how he got the monkey off his back. Instead, he's a lazy overpaid floater. Perry scores on that breakaway, shoots it one inch lower on that first period chance....whatever.

If Perry was 22 he'd be the GOAT

RPGrizzly

Jan 5, 2006
I think Boudreau has to be seriously considering putting Lindholm in for the game. Not only because he brings fresh legs, but if you're going to play for Claude Noel, you're going to be getting in front and on top of a lot of pucks in a hurry. They have big defensemen that block a lot of shots, I think it would be a good test to see how effectively Lindholm can get his shot through against this Jets team. Their forwards also get on top of the defense quickly on the forecheck, forcing the defense to make quick decisions. Lindholm's ability to get his shots through and his decision making are a couple strong points to his game, they might be useful against a team like Winnipeg. I think it would be a good test for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad