MasterMatt's top 50 NHL affiliated prospects

KidKaboom

Aug 2, 2018
There’s no chance he put up .5 ppg playing 7 min a night.

Go look it up buddy ....

Édit : My bad , i dont think this is correct ... I couldnt find his ice time stats ... i still cant find them ... and obviously You dont either ;)

Either way, The fact that at The same age Kotka played more is définitely not s sign that Zadina is better :/

Imo of course .
Good Day :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    295.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Go look it up buddy ....

That’s his total time on ice. 754 min in 54 games. So about 13 min/game.

It’s still damn good production. I actually like Kotkaniemi. I think that was a minor reach, but he has some really good upside.

Last edited:
Reactions: KidKaboom

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Zadina played against men in The Czech ligue as a 17yo before playing in The Q. 2pts in 25games

So basically, Kotka at The same age has performed better than Zadina against men... In what i believe to Be a better league!

Maybe The âge factor isnt important for some people, it certainly is for me.

Again, not saying Zadina isnt a good player , just that Kotka and him arent that far apart!
Really don’t feel it’s fair to compare like that. Zadina would have started that season at 16 and Kotka this one at 17.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Really don’t feel it’s fair to compare like that. Zadina would have started that season at 16 and Kotka this one at 17.

Hed play 1 month has a 16 years old... like 6 games.

It's much more faire to compare a season where Zadina was 18 for 85% of it vs a season where Kotkaniemi was 17 for 100% ?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Hed play 1 month has a 16 years old... like 6 games.

It's much more faire to compare a season where Zadina was 18 for 85% of it vs a season where Kotkaniemi was 17 for 100% ?
And Kotka would have had basically an entire summer as a 17-year old to prepare for playing against men, not to mention he’s bigger which usually means being physically ready at an earlier age.
It’s logical to compare development seasons.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
And Kotka would have had basically an entire summer as a 17-year old to prepare for playing against men, not to mention he’s bigger which usually means being physically ready at an earlier age.
It’s logical to compare development seasons.
Logical when it comes to homerism, yeah.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Logical when it comes to homerism, yeah.
So if they both enter the NHL and score

Season 1: Zadina 50pts, Kotka 30pts
Season 2: Zadina 80pts, Kotka 55pts

You will think Kotka is better because his d+2 is better than Zadina’s d+1?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So if they both enter the NHL and score

Season 1: Zadina 50pts, Kotka 30pts
Season 2: Zadina 80pts, Kotka 55pts

You will think Kotka is better because his d+2 is better than Zadina’s d+1?
Theres a difference, were trying to determine what the two players will be in the NHL, once they're established NHLr you have to believe their potential could be capped off.

Macky

Jun 25, 2018
I Come from Montreal , Habs fan.

Kotka is a really wrong pick. Zadina was the top player at This Ranking,

But Montreal need a center , Sad but tree

Reactions: TwoPiece

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Really silly we are fixated on this.

Zadina had a great draft season in the Q, Kotkaniemi had a great draft season in the Liiga. Both guys really took off this last year. What Zadina did with 7 min of ice in his -1 season is pretty irrelevant at this point.

Reactions: TwoPiece

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Really silly we are fixated on this.

Zadina had a great draft season in the Q, Kotkaniemi had a great draft season in the Liiga. Both guys really took off this last year. What Zadina did with 7 min of ice in his -1 season is pretty irrelevant at this point.
It's relevant when people try to paint Zadina as the superior prospect, hes not. They're pretty similar.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It's relevant when people try to paint Zadina as the superior prospect, hes not. They're pretty similar.

Well I'm not too worried about -1 seasons, or I would not be nearly as high on Dobson as I am. So if you want to fixate on that, go for it.

As far as who is better? Well that's going to be entirely subjective, and we all know your stance there. We will agree to disagree.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well I'm not too worried about -1 seasons, or I would not be nearly as high on Dobson as I am. So if you want to fixate on that, go for it.

As far as who is better? Well that's going to be entirely subjective, and we all know your stance there. We will agree to disagree.
I agree that it matters a lot less, it's just putting things in perspective when you look at two prospects as young as this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad