TV: MasterChef 2023 - United Tastes Of America

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I feel Nick losing is incredibly short sighted. If you want to launch the career of a chef who is actually going to do some wild things in life ....you should give the win the Nick. While he might have missed the mark from time to time....at least he tries new and creative ideas.

Sarah and particularly Dorian were so safe last night it's annoying. Scallops? Rack of lamb? Short rib? Come on.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I feel Nick losing is incredibly short sighted. If you want to launch the career of a chef who is actually going to do some wild things in life ....you should give the win the Nick. While he might have missed the mark from time to time....at least he tries new and creative ideas.

Sarah and particularly Dorian were so safe last night it's annoying. Scallops? Rack of lamb? Short rib? Come on.

A smoked bass, with crispy skin, on squid ink.. was beat out by a rack of lamb with untreated vegetables.

Give me a f***ing break.

Sep 19, 2008
Lot of anger about Nick. Can't blame you all. I wanted him to win too.

Harvard graduate Nick DiGiovanni competes on ‘MasterChef’

Good background into his life and how he started cooking.

"didn’t offer a concentration in food studies, so DiGiovanni decided to create his own: food and climate. He and Sörensen embarked on a long, complex process of building a program of study from the ground up and submitting a petition to the Standing Committee on Special Concentrations for approval."

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Nick will be fine. Obviously. He's more talented than anybody on the show but it just seems....really dumb that he didn't.

I'm fine with Dorian winning though. She was too sweet to Micah when he was likely dying on the inside. I can't hate on her.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Nick will be fine. Obviously. He's more talented than anybody on the show but it just seems....really dumb that he didn't.

I'm fine with Dorian winning though. She was too sweet to Micah when he was likely dying on the inside. I can't hate on her.

He needs fine tuning. He made careless minor mistakes often. But, it was obvious from Joe's comments that he was going to be the one offering him some training.

While I don't have really that much issue with Dorian winning, I feel Sarah's going to be the one we might hear more in the future or will have a bigger career in cuisine. And I can't have been the only who was surprised at how well off Dorian and her family actually are. I mean your life can't be terrible if you live in such a house in such a nice looking neighborhood. I thought she was living in almost ghetto or South Central based on all her crying about how much she needed the win. Compare that to Micah's situation...

Reactions: TNT87

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I didn't like that they eliminated Nick after the entree. I would have liked to have seen what he came up with for dessert. Eating out of a book seemed weird. I see I wasn't the only one who was underwhelmed with Sarah's and Dorian's entrees. I figured they would do something really special. Still, Dorian was very good throughout the season. Congrats to her.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I didn't like that they eliminated Nick after the entree. I would have liked to have seen what he came up with for dessert. Eating out of a book seemed weird. I see I wasn't the only one who was underwhelmed with Sarah's and Dorian's entrees. I figured they would do something really special. Still, Dorian was very good throughout the season. Congrats to her.

I felt last two season's finalists and winners did a much better job.

Also noted Luca wasn't among the previous winners. Does he actually have a job so he was too busy to attend?

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
As a viewer we kinda got ripped off not seeing his dessert, I'm sure it would have been a star wars reenactment with lazer beams but dang it i wanted to see it.

Sep 19, 2008
I've seen 2 eps so far, the 3rd one is tonight.

Already I grow tired of them setting the standard. "This is the LEGENDS season of masterchef. The bar is sky high."

few minutes later:

"Maybe on another season your dish would pass. But this is the season of legends. The standards are high."

"I'm sorry, this is a legends season."

Also add on that MasterChef has ALWAYS brought on legends in years past but it was never billed as "MasterChef Legends". Every f***ing episode in the past they had a guest judge ffs

Just some gripes so far. To be honest I'm looking forward to the challenges as the auditions are wearing on me for reasons listed above

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Not a bad season thus far. Kelsey and Autumn look like the front runners.

Sep 19, 2008
I've yet to finish the latest episode but I'm worried there won't be any outdoor challenges this season

Even worse, the mystery box is the elimination challenge

in previous seasons the bottom 3 would have to compete in the elimination challenge. They still can put it back in but no outdoor challenges and no elimination challenges isn't a good thing

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Just caught up to Wednesday’s episode. Pretty disappointed to be honest… Really liked taye, shocked alejandro is still around.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Tay screwed Tay. I knew after they showed him taking that Uni butter in the fridge that he's going to forget it. Dumbass. Would've been top 3.

Autumn has been in almost every top 3. No guy is winning this unless Abe keeps developing. Autumn, Kelsey and Soo look like a potential final 3.

Really liking that they left out the team challenges. Kind of like that there's no elimination challenger either. Also, was Mary Jayne's "illness" a positive Covid test?

Reactions: Mitch nylander

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Been watching MC australia lately,
60 eps a season , i think its on almost nightly there. Anyway the newest few seasons are best , i really like the judges.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
First non-elimination episode and of course Alejandro earns immunity for the first elimination challenge. :laugh:

I read that they shot the first 10 episodes before the pandemic hit and returned to shooting the remaining 8 episodes late last year. Episode 11 will be interesting to see if they made any changes. Curious what the role of the "legends" will be in them. There has to be either double elimination(s) or no elimination challenge episodes included.

By the way, has anyone online done stats on how many times Gordon says "Come on guys" in each episode? It has to be enough to get drunk if there was a drinking game about it. :laugh:

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Lexy lasted surprisingly long in the competition.

Next week I guess is the first post-pandemic break episode and looks like they found a way to social distance. :laugh:

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
By the way, has anyone online done stats on how many times Gordon says "Come on guys" in each episode? It has to be enough to get drunk if there was a drinking game about it. :laugh:
I'll add in how many times he said "Season 10" previously, along with this season how many times he says "MasterChef Legends", as if somehow we all need to be constantly reminded of what we're watching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad