TV: MasterChef 2023 - United Tastes Of America

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
People pay all that money to eat at Gordon's restaurants and that's all they get to eat? Damn, I'll take a well portioned pasta over that stuff they serve. You'd have to go for a burger after to even feel full.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Second time that in a controversial elimination the person who should have gone home goes home the next week with a whimper.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I really thought that Shari was going to be in the final three. It's too bad. Once again Noah is all arrogant about how he can cook steaks and just like the other time he failed miserably. Shari was better than him.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I really thought that Shari was going to be in the final three. It's too bad. Once again Noah is all arrogant about how he can cook steaks and just like the other time he failed miserably. Shari was better than him.

I think Noah's performance was bad enough to warrant a place in an elimination test, had there been one. I mean someone claiming to be a steak master, he's failed to do that in two challenges now.

Reactions: Jovavic and TNT87

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
As soon as he started bragging I turned to my wife and said "he was talking like that during the barbecue challenge and look where that got him, he's a touch overconfident "

Reactions: TNT87

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
You get the feeling that they've been grooming Dorian for victory for several weeks now. I'd be absolutely stunned if she didn't win.

I know the name obviously but I've never really watched her much. Nigella came off as being very cold and unlikable.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Nigella seemed uncomfortable and out of place. I'll be surprised if Dorian doesn't win.

I "know" her but I haven't really watched much of her stuff. But from what I have, I think she might be more comfortable with just her in front of the camera cooking by herself. The videos on her Youtube channel seem to like that.

Noah again more or less eliminated himself. He's been overconfident in his abilities and making mistakes along the way more and more.

As I've said weeks ago, Dorian's been getting the finalist, if not the winner's, edit for a long time and it seems she's the "perfect" winner type. But, if Nick can keep it simple enough and Sarah doesn't eff up something suddenly, it might be close.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
They did a good job getting to the final 3.

Nick clearly has the most potential as a chef imo, but gets in his own way. If he dedicated himself to cooking as a career he could become a very good chef.

Dorian is the most consistent and I would peg her as the slight favourite but I don't think it's a runaway, all 3 could win.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Risotto. ..
Any time i see someone cooking risotto and a judge asks " whatcha making" i always say to myself, a ticket home.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Sarah has one more episode to tell everyone she was in the military.

It's Dorian's to lose.
I'm looking at it like the three little bears , Nick will go to crazy , Dorian will be to simple and homie and Sarah will be smack in the middle for the win.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Risotto. ..
Any time i see someone cooking risotto and a judge asks " whatcha making" i always say to myself, a ticket home.

Joe's very critical of risotto and I think in one of the previous seasons they had to make it in a challenge and he paid close attention to the details.

He actually taught the kids on Masterchef Junior how to make it:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
By the way, I found it a bit funny that Noah got no "consolation prize" from any of the judges. No training at anyone's restaurant or something like that.

Sep 19, 2008
They just judge in public now with the audience watching. They used to take the contestants to the back restaurant and judge there.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Stopped watching when they eliminated Nick. Pretty underwhelming ending to the season.

Dorian wins off seared scallops and a braised short rib with vegetables. Lmao. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Jussi

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Sara should have won based on performance that night, though Dorian was better over the course of the season. Nick still has by far the most potential as a chef, though he needs to find a balance between his concepts and his flavours. If he didn't under cook the fish I think he wins it all.

Dorian's menu seemed so average. Scallops that every contestant could probably cook, and short rib cooked in a pressure cooker with pre-made broth. Idk man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad