Mastercard Memorial Cup

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
The scary thing for Winterhawks fans is that Carruth has been pretty solid thus far and this one's still slipping away from them.

GernBlanston

May 20, 2011
Smyrna, GA
I don't see how Jones is undisputed #1. Mackinnon looks just as good to me.

I don't think he's undisputed. I've seen MacKinnon at the top of more than one list, and even Drouin at the top of one blog list somewhere... It's just that Jones is a Denver native, grew up around the Avs... has been mentored by Sakic. At this point, I think it would be a PR nightmare if the Avs didn't take Jones first. And lord knows, they need a franchise blue-liner. And the Panthers need a franchise C to anchor a line with Huberdeau for the next 12-15 years. :)

<edit>
http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/04/09/jonathan-drouin-2013-nhl-draft-player-profile-1/ has Drouin at #1... so that's at least 2 that I've seen.

Last edited:

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Mooseheads PP is trying to be too cute and they pay for it. This is nowhere near over, the Moose look too complacent.

themann

Nov 26, 2009
I dont get that, if the goalie kicks it in, preventing the player from getting his stick on it. should that not be a goal. Would it be different if Halifax's defence kicked it in?

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Agreed.
If you glove it down, and the other team directs it into their own net, I would think that's a clean goal.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
I dont get that, if the goalie kicks it in, preventing the player from getting his stick on it. should that not be a goal. Would it be different if Halifax's defence kicked it in?
I think the reasoning is, the shot on goal is essentially invalid. So it doesn't matter if the goalie touches the puck on its way into the net. If a Halifax defender had touched it, it would have counted though.

Portland definitely took control of that period as it progressed. Halifax looked increasingly unsure of themselves as the Portland forecheck started to assert itself, and the turnovers followed.

Anyone's game now. Whoever wants it more will take it. Go Moose!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->