Mass Effect: Legendary Edition | Spring 2021

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I beat da hell out of this trilogy multiple times in my lifetime and every single time I loved it. Just bought this and tried to get into it, couldn't for some reason. I guess that's what 9-5, wife/kids, bills, and older age does to you lol.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Gaming is still doable with those responsibilities, it'll just take awhile to complete games and you probably won't buy as many

It's doable but the days where you plan to sit half the night are over. Now I'm lucky if I can play one hour a night, this works for some game genres, but not this one unfortunately.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I beat da hell out of this trilogy multiple times in my lifetime and every single time I loved it. Just bought this and tried to get into it, couldn't for some reason. I guess that's what 9-5, wife/kids, bills, and older age does to you lol.
I've found it incredibly difficult to finish games (with stories) when you can only play more than 30 minutes at a time sporadically. I'll have some time to play, start a game for a few hours, then not be able to for a week. By the time I go back I'm kind of out of the story. I've plowed through a few games but now I mostly play strategy games where the story isn't a big part of why I'm playing.

It sucks but I'm glad I'm not alone. Most of my friends have completely stopped gaming in general. I refuse to take that step, as I stare at a Switch I bought 4 years ago and have played for a total of like 6 hours...

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I've found it incredibly difficult to finish games (with stories) when you can only play more than 30 minutes at a time sporadically. I'll have some time to play, start a game for a few hours, then not be able to for a week. By the time I go back I'm kind of out of the story. I've plowed through a few games but now I mostly play strategy games where the story isn't a big part of why I'm playing.

It sucks but I'm glad I'm not alone. Most of my friends have completely stopped gaming in general. I refuse to take that step, as I stare at a Switch I bought 4 years ago and have played for a total of like 6 hours...

I am exactly the same way it definitely sucks. I bought the new mass effect trilogy on release day and I’m still like not even halfway through the first one. Then I go back and am like what the hell am I doing again? And fall out of it and get no urge to go back.

I’m different with the switch though. Been playing a good amount of Mario golf I just pick up and play on the weekends occasionally for some time.

Reactions: Bocephus86

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I generally agree for me the games I've enjoyed most lately are Katana Zero and BloodRoot. Games with a good gimmick that last 2-4 hours.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I am exactly the same way it definitely sucks. I bought the new mass effect trilogy on release day and I’m still like not even halfway through the first one. Then I go back and am like what the hell am I doing again? And fall out of it and get no urge to go back.

I’m different with the switch though. Been playing a good amount of Mario golf I just pick up and play on the weekends occasionally for some time.
I should look at mario golf. Sports games I've been able to stick with (though pretty much only Fifa until I got NHL 21) because I can pop in for 20-30 min, play a game or two, and it's no big deal.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017

Yea I found more success playing the Switch, I was actually able to finish Zelda BOTW and a bunch of Mario games with the kids, but that's only because we were playing and hanging out together and I wasn't so picky about the story. Now that I think of it, I'm only experiencing this with BioWare like RPG games, because I feel like if I don't immerse myself into the storyline, it's really a worthless gameplay. Other games where it's not super story driven I don't think much of it, while the enjoyment is not like before I still enjoy them, this even includes those Elder Scroll and Fallout games. Heck I was even able to beat Divinity Original Sin 2 a few months ago, but all these games have something cool to offer other than their stories, whereas the BioWare RPG games are all about the story.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Finally finished the LE trilogy.

I will say that I am really irritated that they changed up the timing of the music for the Destroy ending. The moment doesn't hit on an emotional level because they mistimed the music and the gasp happens well before it should. Did anyone else notice that?

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Other than the issue with the ending the trilogy is just about everything I was hoping for. Now that the first game has been remastered it to me is clearly the best game of the trilogy.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I've found it incredibly difficult to finish games (with stories) when you can only play more than 30 minutes at a time sporadically. I'll have some time to play, start a game for a few hours, then not be able to for a week.

Same here. This is why I don’t play this or games like No Man’s Sky too much.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Not the end of the world since I got it on sale at a massive discount, but man I am bummed this game isn't 'Play Anywhere' on Xbox/PC.

My hope was to hop on a Windows laptop or some, download the game, and then edit the save to unlock all dialogue options, then have that saved to the cloud and continue it on my Series X.

Back in the 360 days, I used save editors to unlock all the dialogue options, and it made for a much more fun experience, simply because the oppressive binary morality system didn't limit my choices. I could react naturally to each situation, rather than being 'well, if I want to unlock the renegade dialogue option, I have to be an asshole to EVERYBODY, even though I don't want to be'.

I think if I can dig out my Xbox 360 console I can figure out a solution through some PC tools. Maybe a Sunday 'project'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad