Mass Effect: Legendary Edition | Spring 2021

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Achievements are still bugged which annoys me. Usually I don't complain about stuff like that but I battled through 2 on insanity and didn't get credit for it or inexplicably romancing someone either.

I thought with the romance one it was because I screwed myself since I dumped Ashley's stupid ass for Tali but the description clearly says "reinkindle or establish" a relationship so it's got nothing to do with that.

They claimed they patched it a couple days ago but it didn't actually do anything

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Yeah I think you can beat Mass Effect 2 in like four hours if you ignore all the side content.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Finally getting to play 3 with all the DLC. Holy SHIT Javik is probably the most broken squadmate in the trilogy.

Dark Channel completely ignores all protections and lets you detonate power combos regardless. And if that's not enough it will proc another enemy once you kill the initial target.

It definitely helps that I'm an adept so I get even more value out of it but shit even if you're running whatever and bring Liara as your second you can still wreak absolute havoc.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Finally getting to play 3 with all the DLC. Holy SHIT Javik is probably the most broken squadmate in the trilogy.

Dark Channel completely ignores all protections and lets you detonate power combos regardless. And if that's not enough it will proc another enemy once you kill the initial target.

It definitely helps that I'm an adept so I get even more value out of it but shit even if you're running whatever and bring Liara as your second you can still wreak absolute havoc.

True, but he also thinks you're an inferior life form.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Never got to play any of the DLC, I've really enjoyed this playthrough because of that. I will say, absolutely ridiculous that Leviathan and The Arrival were NOT included in the main game's storyline with how impactful they are to the actual story. The Arrival is literally THE reason that Shepherd is arrested between 2 and 3 and I never even saw or knew about that DLC til now, 10 years later. That's ridiculous. But I am thankful for new content that makes it a lot of fun to play through again.

I wish Kasumi was a more fleshed out character

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't know what took me so long to get around to these games, I always knew I would and I finally did with the legendary edition and wow what a trilogy, I loved damn near every second of it except the dream sequences in Mass effect 3, I could do without those, they remind me of the dream sequences in Max Payne where you have to listen for the baby cry and that was slow and boring too.

but beyond the dream sequences in Mass effect 3, it was a fantastic trilogy

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I'm glad that this release has brought in some new fans. Andromeda is pretty polarizing but still worth a try, I feel the gameplay is just as good as ME3 but the story/characters aren't as good as the trilogy so if you're a gameplay>story person like me, you might like it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm glad that this release has brought in some new fans. Andromeda is pretty polarizing but still worth a try, I feel the gameplay is just as good as ME3 but the story/characters aren't as good as the trilogy so if you're a gameplay>story person like me, you might like it.

I want to play it, I know it won't be as good, but I can't leave Andromeda unplayed not now

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Andromeda is garbage. Lousy story, tedious quest progression where everything is a FedEx delivery (same shit other open world games do) and way, way too long for its own good. A decent playthrough will be at least 40 hours and most of that is trash busy work. The ability to mix and match powers and combat in general were very good however.

The first three games had it right with either small, unexplored planets or bigger hub worlds with stuff to do like Omega and the Citadel in 2. BioWare fell into the classic "more means better" pitfall that every Ubisoft game since like 2015 and pretty much every other open world game fell into.

Reactions: Juve

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
2's not even that bad on insanity.

The first like, 2 missions are a slog but after that it's fine.

If you can beat Horizon, the rest of the game is a laugher. The Cain is also your best friend since you can basically make the most difficult rooms disappear.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Do you actually notice any of the upgraded differences?

Or has it been so long that you can't remember if there's any real visual improvement?

Honestly, no not really....other than it auto triggering HDR on my monitor. :laugh:

That said, I lean towards your latter sentence being the reason.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I forgot how enjoyable the Citadel DLC for ME3 was. I remember rating it extremely highly, but it's just so great. Perfect levels of corny awesomeness.

After that it's the final mission time. Almost sad to see it end (again, for like the 15th time). I love this trilogy.

I know people hated the ending, but with the Extended Cut and Citadel, along with unquestionably the best gameplay in the series IMO, I still think ME3 is the best Mass Effect game to grace us with its presence.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It still blows my mind that the Leviathan DLC wasn't part of the shipped ME3 base game.

Like "Here's this entire narrative thread that elucidates all the weird shit at the end of the game.... now pay us $20 after you've finished the game to retroactively insert it".

It's so mind-numbingly dumb that it HAD to be the result of a compressed development schedule and EA pressuring Bioware to just get the game done. If it was the plan all along than... jesus.

Subban signed e5

Jun 21, 2012
Just finished the Overlord DLC for the first time. I normally play renegade, but man that ending is something....

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'll probably start up on this on the weekend. I dislike re-releases in general but I never had all of the Mass Effect 3 DLC so it's probably worth it to go through the trilogy again but with everything included this time. Mass Effect 2 is always a pleasure regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad