Mass Effect: Legendary Edition | Spring 2021

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Great stuff! Will definitely be a purchase for me when it releases.

They also teased that a new Mass Effect game is in the works as well.

Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. We are in early stages on the project and can’t say any more just yet, but we’re looking forward to sharing our vision for where we’ll be going next.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition Brings Back Original Trilogy In 2021 - GameSpot

Just confirmed 10 minutes ago.

Perhaps even bigger is EA confirms a brand new game in the series is also in the works with Casey Hudson (original director now head of Bioware) and Mac Walters (original lead writer) both back in the fold to work on it

Legendary edition launches spring 2021 and details are sparse on the new game so you'd have to figure it's probably for the next gen consoles.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
It has all the DLC right?

A few years ago I was going to buy the third one but they didn't have a complete edition so I wasn't in the mood...

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
It has all the DLC right?

A few years ago I was going to buy the third one but they didn't have a complete edition so I wasn't in the mood...

Yep, all DLC, which is great since the series is one of the few where the DLC matches the main games in quality.

Will be interesting to see if they settle on one combat and inventort/equipment system for all three games or leave it as is.

Reactions: Seedtype

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Is it actually remastered to the point where the first game’s combat is playable?

I’m going to buy regardless but I just want some improvement there.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I hope ME3 comes with the multiplayer as well. Hands down my favourite multiplayer experience of all time.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I'm excited, personally. Loved the trilogy so much.

I know, more money for a game I've already played. But in this case, I'm more than willing.

As for the new game announced, I have to take that with skepticism. On the bright side, this won't be another Andromeda because expectations will be low. I hope they can recapture some of the magic from the trilogy.

Despite the failings of BioWare as of late, it's hard for me not to like the idea of continuing in this universe. It was so well built.

Is it actually remastered to the point where the first game’s combat is playable?

I’m going to buy regardless but I just want some improvement there.

I think they said it's just a remastering, so I doubt we'll see much change functionally.

It's too bad. I think with a few graphical touchups and a bit more polish on the combat of the original, it could be the best of the bunch.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hopefully this is the jolt in the arm the series so desperately needs to get it back on its feet after how much of a disaster Andromeda was.

I'm hoping they at least tweak ME2 to have an actual new game plus functionality this time around. Getting all of your gear max level only to find out none of that carries over to insanity kinda sucks lol.

If it runs 60 FPS on the new gen consoles I'll probably pick it up again. Gives me another excuse to beat 2 and 3 on insanity for the double full gamerscore lol.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Other than the inventory management, I never had as much of a problem with the jank of ME1. For pure story it is significantly better than the other two. Plus the environment on Ilos is far more engaging than anything else in the sequels, which a lot of times felt like cramped halls filled with waist-high cover.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Other than the inventory management, I never had as much of a problem with the jank of ME1. For pure story it is significantly better than the other two. Plus the environment on Ilos is far more engaging than anything else in the sequels, which a lot of times felt like cramped halls filled with waist-high cover.
Ilos was incredible. I think my favorite part of the whole series was the conversation with Vigil.

Reactions: ArGarBarGar

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

I would agree. I do think a little polish would do it wonders, though.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

It's one of those games that if you haven't played in a while it feels janky as all hell but once you settle in it's totally fine.

I played it for the first time since it was ported to PS3 last fall and i honestly enjoyed it after i got past Eden Prime.

2 is still by far my favorite though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This is going to be unreal value if they sell it for the standard new game price. So many hours in there.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

There was nothing quite like walking into a giant room filled with empty crates everywhere strategically placed.

FORESHADOWING PERHAPS?

I've considered replaying it so this is a good excuse.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The original Mass Effect had far and away the best storyline. It was also the truest 'RPG' given how much you could adjust characters skillsets, armor, etc.

A lot of people claimed it felt janky, but I never had much trouble with it. It presented as a 3rd person shooter in combat, but with each shot was an RPG-style dice roll. I understood that, but I feel like a lot of players just wanted a 'my reticule is over the guy's head, so this should kill him' mindset. I get the disconnect, but going in with the right mindset helps.

Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 are both great games too. They just stripped a lot of the RPG out of them. The core storyline of ME2 was actually pretty crappy, but all the character missions and extra missions were fantastic. Mass Effect 3 had a better core storyline than 2, great character storylines as well, but that ending was pretty rough. And then everytime they 'fixed' the ending, they made it worse! :laugh:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I really liked ME3.

It put the player through the wringer.

I know a lot of people complained because they wanted to win at everything and never suffer at all but they did a good job of driving home the sheer scale of the threat.

Each game had its own merits that were quite a bit different.

ME introduced you to this amazing galaxy, races and locations and had a very tight, very compelling story. I actually liked the RPG elements as it made looting more fun and interesting.

ME2 introduced you to a whole range of fascinating characters and factions while switching up the gameplay a bit.

ME3 had the best combat and the gravity of the choices you had to make were massive. I preferred the "fixed" ending that provided a little more of an epilogue.

It also had the best DLC in existence, "Citadel".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->