Confirmed Buy-Out Mason Raymond

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
His NHL career is likely over.

I could see him getting a league minimum somewhere after a PTO. However, he's definitely taken a step back and could join so many former Flames as a regular in the Spengler Cup.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Safe to say that back breaker in the Boston series did him in?

Ya, i know, we are all still sour about that series. But no, his weakness and stability made him regress before that hit even. He was a streaky player and frustrating to watch

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I could see him getting a league minimum somewhere after a PTO. However, he's definitely taken a step back and could join so many former Flames as a regular in the Spengler Cup.

I doubt it. But I guess anything is possible. At league min I'd rather have somebody with sandpaper skin or a youngster who could benefit from the NHL environment. I don't see where he fits in on an NHL roster. He's not good enough for a top 6 role and nowhere near what a bottom 6 needs to be. He'll find work in Europe is my prediction.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
He will probably get paid more than NHL minimum in Europe. Hes one of the fastest players out there and made for big ice

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
He'll have some success of given a PTO. Someone will sign him. He is too fast of a skater to not at least plug into your lineup. It failed in Calgary because of the success others had around him. Flames had far too many options ahead of him on the wings in a top 6 role, according to our fired coach.

Raymond is a good, fast player. And at a reasonable contract, should be successful somewhere in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad