Confirmed with Link: Mason Appleton 2 year - One Way 900k AAV

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Chevy's best deal of the day.
Feeling like same team again. Or same as most successful 17/18. Oh, yah totally new defense except Morrissey. Oh yah, different 4th line. Oh yah, ummm...same team again just exchange Eakin for Stastny. Go Jets Go! What year is it?
Is Roslovic still a Jet? No word on him? Oh yes, he is an RFA, not resigned though. Never mind? I don't.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Wonder why the team hasn’t announced it? Maybe they’re trying to lock up Harkins and Roslovic tonight too, and announce the lot in the morning.
Maybe? I hope Roslo is dealt for?? I think he needs a new scenery, unless he is resigned and comes in rejuvenated and lights up the 3rd line?
We need Harkins in there, too. Lots of lower line upside for now. Excited to see him find his game at a new higher level NHL now, like his 3rd crack at he Moose beginning last season.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Good signing, he is a solid bottom 6 guy that is pretty good on the PK. Sometimes I wonder why not just give these types of players longer deals. Hoping Harkins gets done soon as well.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I am on record as saying 2 years @ 1 mill

I guessed $100k to much

Now we just have to sign a Harkins and Niku to the exact same contract....

I was at 2 years @ 1.8 mill for Rozlo.... I am reducing that to 2 years @ 1.5-1.6million

Niku gets less. His QO was 840k. I assume that is what he will get.
Not sure about Harkins. His QO was 725. I think he gets a little more than that. Maybe 850?

I think Rosie gets a little more than 2mil.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Thought this was deserving of a bump. How his fortunes have changed in just a few months...

Jets RW then, in order of perceived future potential (AAV):
Patrik Laine--($7.5M +?)
Blake Wheeler—($8.25M)
Jack Roslovic (expected and ultimately received$2M)
Mason Appleton—(900K)

Now:
Mason Appleton
Blake Wheeler
?

Reactions: hn777 and JetsUK

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Thought this was deserving of a bump. How his fortunes have changed in just a few months...

Patrik Laine--($7.5M +?)
Blake Wheeler—($8.25M)
Mason Appleton—(900K)

Now:
Mason Appleton
Blake Wheeler
?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Patrik Laine--($7.5M +?)
Blake Wheeler—($8.25M)
Mason Appleton—(900K)

Now:
Mason Appleton
Blake Wheeler
?
Ehlers is a RW.

Reactions: hn777

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
I think people over Roslo and underestimate Apples.
Appleton is why Rosloviv was let go.
He’s a bigger stronger more gritty player with as much IQ as Roslo, and will be abetter finisher at the nHL level than Roslovic... and we have more control.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Yes, but playing on the left.
Don't mess with my story!;)

RW is on the right side of the ice...lol

But your concern is like mine. The trade of Roslovic & Laine has left the Jets deficient in right shots not simply at wing but at the entire forward position.

The Jets main roster, taxi squad, forwards under contract on the Moose & ALL drafted prospects includes:

1) Jets - Scheifele, Wheeler, Appleton, Lewis
2) Moose - Kristian Reichel.
3) Prospects - 2018 3rd rounder Nathan Smith & 2017 7th rounder Austin Wong.

A grand total of seven players in the entire organization three of which will likely never play an NHL game, another who is presently the top choice to be lost in expansion, a 34 year old 2021 UFA & 34 year old Wheeler whose been the media darling of late...leaving Scheifele.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777 and scelaton

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
RW is on the right side of the ice...lol

But your concern is like mine. The trade of Roslovic & Laine has left the Jets deficient in right shots not simply at wing but at the entire forward position.

The Jets main roster, taxi squad, forwards under contract on the Moose & ALL drafted prospects includes:

1) Jets - Scheifele, Wheeler, Appleton, Lewis
2) Moose - Kristian Reichel.
3) Prospects - 2018 3rd rounder Nathan Smith & 2017 7th rounder Austin Wong.

A grand total of seven players in the entire organization three of which will likely never play an NHL game, another who is presently the top choice to be lost in expansion, a 34 year old 2021 UFA & 34 year old Wheeler whose been the media darling of late...leaving Scheifele.

Just another reason why we protect Apples and let Copp go find a bigger pay check elsewhere

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
He wont get claimed in the expansion draft, a solid middle / bottom six forward who just keeps getting better, along the lines of copp and former jet armia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad