NFL: Marvin Lewis gone

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
You can say he was well beyond his expiration date and he did a good job of rebuilding a franchise that was in the abyss. Both are true.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
wow it actually happened. i was 16 when lewis was hired by cincy and now i'm 32

how he managed to coach the bengals for 16 seasons is beyond me. and zero playoff wins to show for it. incredible

i really hope they promote jackson to HC

Yep, I was a freshman in High School and this was the #1 film the day he was hired

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
One of the most bizarre coaching tenures of all time. Mind-blowing he got this long.

their owner/GM is the guy who declined Saints offer for their whole draft + 2 other first rounders and a 2nd so he could take akili smith. and it would be probably surpising if he didn't hire vance joseph or you jackson.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Least surprising and cheapest way to go about it. Mike Brown is the HF dream GM.
Mike Brown is also simply not equipped to compete with other owners. He doesn’t have the money they do. The best thing he could do to help the Bengals would be to sell the team to some billionaire who is able to fully fund the football operation.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It's an outlier but remember what the Bengals were before he got there.

yeah that's the one thing you have to remember about lewis

the bengals were the Cincinnati Bungles before he got there and even though he never won a playoff game he did bring the bengals back to relevance after the disastrous lebeau years

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
yeah that's the one thing you have to remember about lewis

the bengals were the Cincinnati Bungles before he got there and even though he never won a playoff game he did bring the bengals back to relevance after the disastrous lebeau years

That’s true, I’m old enough to remember the Bengals going to the Super Bowl in 1988.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Mike Brown is also simply not equipped to compete with other owners. He doesn’t have the money they do. The best thing he could do to help the Bengals would be to sell the team to some billionaire who is able to fully fund the football operation.

The entire Brown family fortune is whatever the team is worth, so still a billionaire with the sweetest (or worst for the taxpayers that pay for everything) stadium deal in sports. Money isn't the issue, it's the lack of a desire to do anything but make as much money for the family through the team as possible. They would also have the largest tax liability in the NFL if they sold due to the way the ownership is structured according to reports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad