Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I can't lie, I would have still 100% gone to the next installment of Spider-Man, because I love Tom Holland. Maybe Sony would have screwed it up, but I wasn't going to pre-determine that I already disliked it.

That said, I'm glad he's back in the MCU, even If it's just to basically put a finishing touch on his arc. However, I heard an interesting suggestion from someone earlier today that I realllly like. Since he had a solo movie and a crossover movie in this deal, you could have him lead the Young Avengers in the crossover movie, and then have him "part ways" at the end, where they don't need him anymore, but the door is always open again. No idea if they plan to do Young Avengers, but they are setting up that possibility, and I'd totally be down for it. I like that idea a lot more than him leading the actual Avengers.

Fantastic Four and Spider-Man shows up.

527551._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I'm not surprised Spider-Man will stay, too much money on the line for both parties. I heard a rumor that what Sony wanted is for Venom and other properties they own to end up as part of the MCU also, i.e. Spidey and Venom movie, etc. I would not be surprised if that's part of the agreement.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I they can do that arc, loosely based on the Spider-Man cartoon where Daredevil/Matt Murdock helps a framed Spider-Man etc. Would work well after the end of Far From Home.

It would be perfect. With Tony gone, Matt would make for a great father/older brother figure for Peter.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I would love it if they could find a way to "logically" shuffle Spider-Man out of the MCU and back into some semblance of a solo universe. Spidey is one character who I have always viewed as his own independant thing.

Very happy to hear this news anyway. Spidey is kind of my big thing so without him (but especially without a logical exit) I just don't really care about the MCU too much.

This also probably means more MCU costumes in Spider-Man 2 for (presumably) Playstation 5! :vhappy:
I was hoping for this too, but I guess we won't. It'll forever be tied to the MCU world and half about his actual universe of villains.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
It Sounds Like ALL Future Marvel TV Shows Will Be Spearheaded By Marvel Studios, Not Marvel Televison

It's said that he plan now is for Marvel Studios to basically be in charge of everything to ensure that the stories put out there are of a consistent quality. With the Disney+ shows, "Marvel Studios execs and Feige held meetings early on to discuss how to maintain the visual standard fans have come to expect from Marvel’s films while still bringing their budgets more in line with other TV shows."

Now, it sounds like Marvel Television's future projects will mostly be of the animated variety.

It Sounds Like ALL Future Marvel TV Shows Will Be Spearheaded By Marvel Studios, Not Marvel Televison

As Marvel Studios Moves Into Series, TV Unit’s Focus Is Unclear

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This deal is just one solo movie and another Marvel movie.
Sony likely realized the whole end to the 2nd one means they need to tie it up so when they do take it back over to do their thing, they don't have the idiotic end to deal with that Marvel created.

The Marvel one, probably just to get him to come in and come up with an excuse as to why he won't be around. It looks like a wrap up thing if anything which is fine.

I would love to see a proper spiderman movie, I guess I'll have to wait for these 2 to wrap up before I get it.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Sony likely realized the whole end to the 2nd one means they need to tie it up so when they do take it back over to do their thing, they don't have the idiotic end to deal with that Marvel created.

The Marvel one, probably just to get him to come in and come up with an excuse as to why he won't be around. It looks like a wrap up thing if anything which is fine.

I would love to see a proper spiderman movie, I guess I'll have to wait for these 2 to wrap up before I get it.

A proper Spider-Man movie? The last two have been proper Spider-Man movies....

Reactions: Deadpool8812

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Also, what’s wrong with Marvel getting to finish out the trilogy? Sony has already had 5 live action films and Into the Spider-verse.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A proper Spider-Man movie? The last two have been proper Spider-Man movies....
With constant references to the Avengers, Tony Stark, Tony Stark's death, and Happy Hogan mentioning Stark and then Stark technology, the Skrulls, etc.

Right....riiight.

It's only introduced a few people from his world, not many else. It's not a true Spiderman movie at all, it's a MCU-ized movie and Sony wants to explore more of Spideys side now that they somewhat know how to sort that property out with Spider Verse, Venom, and the countless Villain movies they're making.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Seems there's talk that the deal is short because Sony told Disney that they expect to be sold within the next few years and did not want this deal to hinder in that (if Sony are sold, the rights automatically revert back to Marvel).

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Seems there's talk that the deal is short because Sony told Disney that they expect to be sold within the next few years and did not want this deal to hinder in that (if Sony are sold, the rights automatically revert back to Marvel).
I heard this rumor also. Time will tell I guess, I think it was Apple that wanted to buy the Sony entertainment company.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
With constant references to the Avengers, Tony Stark, Tony Stark's death, and Happy Hogan mentioning Stark and then Stark technology, the Skrulls, etc.

Right....riiight.

It's only introduced a few people from his world, not many else. It's not a true Spiderman movie at all, it's a MCU-ized movie and Sony wants to explore more of Spideys side now that they somewhat know how to sort that property out with Spider Verse, Venom, and the countless Villain movies they're making.

That's the whole point of the MCU, everything links. Only introduced a few people from his world? They have introduced many of them just in different forms with changes of race (Flash Thompson), age (Aunt May) or whatever and using different villains than the previous Sony movies for once. Also, Marvel didn't want to do the whole origin story with him all over again as it was one with the two Sony iterations of the character and they knew fans, for the most part, didn't want to see that again.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's the whole point of the MCU, everything links. Only introduced a few people from his world? They have introduced many of them just in different forms with changes of race (Flash Thompson), age (Aunt May) or whatever and using different villains than the previous Sony movies for once. Also, Marvel didn't want to do the whole origin story with him all over again as it was one with the two Sony iterations of the character and they knew fans, for the most part, didn't want to see that again.
So they highly sexualized Aunt May and introduced like one other guy outside of MJ. Wow...real in depth exploration of Spiderman.

MCU - I mean Marvel made movies - Thor, Cap, etc. Aka the same same, but different, but still the same stuff.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

You are looking at it from a creative perspective.

Reality is, it seems to be a "bridge" deal. If Sony Pictures is sold, rights go back to Marvel. If they are not sold, they will negociate another deal.

From a business perspective, they need eachother. MCU Spidey has been a HUGE success. They cannot cut ties at this point as it would likely hurt both franchises a lot financially. That is why it was obvious that they would reach a deal.

They struck gold with Holland AND with the tie-ins with the MCU. At the end of the day, that is all that matters to the executives.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So they highly sexualized Aunt May and introduced like one other guy outside of MJ. Wow...real in depth exploration of Spiderman.

MCU - I mean Marvel made movies - Thor, Cap, etc. Aka the same same, but different, but still the same stuff.
If you like him so much, why can't you even spell his name? Spider-Man....

They introduced one other guy? I don't remember any of the previous movies doing Vulture or Mysterio.

Did you complain this much when Sam Raimi went with his webbing being a biological part of his body?

At the end of the day the Spidey in the MCU is done well, he is age appropriate, well acted, we got to see the Iron Spider suit, see him interact with other heroes and be part of the Avengers. Only the two first Raimi movies are at the same quality. His third and the two Garfield movies are subpar.

Reactions: Shockmaster

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

You're right. They should just kill Uncle Ben again. :sarcasm:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You're right. They should just kill Uncle Ben again. :sarcasm:
The both sides literally did this so they can wrap up the story so the marvel connection is severed properly and both sides can move on.

I'm ok with this. Also hey maybe they should go back in time and spidey can also hilariously kill a superpowered villain and make dumb fat jokes about Ned.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If you like him so much, why can't you even spell his name? Spider-Man....

They introduced one other guy? I don't remember any of the previous movies doing Vulture or Mysterio.

Did you complain this much when Sam Raimi went with his webbing being a biological part of his body?

At the end of the day the Spidey in the MCU is done well, he is age appropriate, well acted, we got to see the Iron Spider suit, see him interact with other heroes and be part of the Avengers. Only the two first Raimi movies are at the same quality. His third and the two Garfield movies are subpar.
Lol because my phone autocorrects it, the stuff you’re whining about is all more mcu crap. I can tell you didn’t really read the comics. If I rustle your jimmies so much about this then ignore my post and move the f*** on. I’m glad they’re tying up loose ends so spidey can move on with Sony’s extended universe.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The both sides literally did this so they can wrap up the story so the marvel connection is severed properly and both sides can move on.

I'm ok with this. Also hey maybe they should go back in time and spidey can also hilariously kill a superpowered villain and make dumb fat jokes about Ned.

The relationship will not end. It is too valuable for both. That's why they made a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad