Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm not sure where this came from but I'm on board

bh2k7grtl0h31.jpg
Since the Spider-Man cartoon in the 80’s the tradition has been to have Wolverine played by an Australian.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
John Byrne based Logan on this guy:

hqdefault.jpg
Just the look and it's funny because in an interview years ago he mentions that he does not even know the name of the actor but when he was watching Slap Shot he though "that's the look for Wolverine" basically.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Rewatched: X Men 1, X Men 2, Spiderman 1, and Spiderman 2 over the last couple of weeks. AMAZING movies. All of them. It was cool re-watching them because even though some of the special effects are dated by today's standards, remembering that they came out in 2000-2004 forces you to remember just how groundbreaking a lot of these effects were at the time.

Spiderman 1 in particular really stood out to me. I remember people being curious/concerned about how possible it would be to bring Spiderman to life on the big screen because it's really never been done before with a superhero to this extent. Even by today's standards, the team responsible for Spiderman 1 did such a great job. Especially back in 2002, seeing how they showed Spiderman's movement, swinging, fighting, etc..was incredible. Definitely paved the way for the super hero movies we have today.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
People asking around who the villain in Eternals will be....any chance it's the Eternal being played by the Irish actor (Barry Dsomething)? Seems most likely based on character description.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
People asking around who the villain in Eternals will be....any chance it's the Eternal being played by the Irish actor (Barry Dsomething)? Seems most likely based on character description.

That's my guess. His one close up gave off strong villain vibes. Character name sounds the evilest as well.

I have zero familiarity with any of the comics so I'm totally blind on all this.

Sep 19, 2008
1) Going through a MCU rewatch. I finished Thor Ragnarock and GoTG yesterday.

2) In Ragnarock when they visit NYC Thor says that he broke up with Jane. Is this the same Jane seen in Love and Thunder :nod:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It was a mutual dumping.

Well played lol

1) Going through a MCU rewatch. I finished Thor Ragnarock and GoTG yesterday.

2) In Ragnarock when they visit NYC Thor says that he broke up with Jane. Is this the same Jane seen in Love and Thunder :nod:

Yes it is and at the time Portman said she was "done" playing Jane Foster as she was not happy that Patty Jenkins was let go as director. Here's Why Natalie Portman Originally Left The Thor Franchise

Up until Thor: Ragnarok, Portman was the female lead of the Thor films, so it was surprising when her character disappeared from the franchise. In 2016, the actress was asked about her future with the MCU in which she claimed to be "done" playing Jane Foster as far as she knew. The interview (via WSJ) indicated that Portman's split from Marvel was amicable considering she shared her positive feelings about her time working on the franchise. But that may not have been the case.

Marvel Studios CEO Kevin Feige claimed that Jane was absent from Thor: Ragnarok due to the fact that the movie primarily took place in the cosmos. Tessa Thompson notably took over as new female lead Valkyrie. In truth, the decision to remove Portman from the third Thor film was made well before the movie was being developed. Before Alan Taylor directed Thor: The Dark World, Patty Jenkins was at the helm. Due to creative differences, Jenkins was fired from the Thor sequel. Portman was very displeased with the firing and its subsequent effect on her role; it's been suggested that the actress only agreed to the sequel because of Jenkins' involvement.

Reactions: John Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad