Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What helps maintain quality is while they have new people, writers/directors, etc. that come in. They still have the same crew over seeing it all to make sure it works in the greater MCU. They also have a plan set out for years in advanced. The final thing is also the money. I mean a series of 8-9 episodes has a budget of close to many of their bigger films which is crazy.

Yep definitely.

Like I said I have concerns, but at the same time everything in the MCU for quite a while now has been extremely good quality. Even the movies that weren't "top tier" so to speak, were still really good movies that drove the storylines well and still had excellent production.

I'm excited. Especially after getting nothing last year due to the pandemic. It was a good break from the MCU but man I can't wait for what amounts to essentially weekly content for the next 2 years straight going forward now.

The Lori series is set to begin in May as well. If Falcon/Winter Sierra series ends up being 8 weeks long similar to Wandavision, that would mean ending on May 7th , same day as Black Widow release. So good chance we get Loki on May 21st.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
DO A BARREL ROLL!
LOL

Star Fox

upload_2021-2-8_15-5-29.jpeg

vs
Starfox

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So which shows are canon? Just Wandavision and every upcoming Disney+ show?
Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter for sure.

Inhumans was supposed to be but not sure if they will just let that one fall off and be forgotten.

The Netflix one's technically are, there was mostly references in the shows to the movies and not the other way around. If by some miracle Cox plays Matt Murdoch in Spider-Man 3 then I would say they are cannon.

According to the MCU Wiki, Runaways, Clock & Dagger, Helstrom are also part of the MCU and I had read that in a few places but not sure.

List of Marvel Cinematic Universe television series

The one's that are for sure not part of Legion and The Gifted which fall under the old Fox X-Men universe.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So which shows are canon? Just Wandavision and every upcoming Disney+ show?

Inhumans was supposed to be but not sure if they will just let that one fall off and be forgotten.

The Netflix one's technically are, there was mostly references in the shows to the movies and not the other way around. If by some miracle Cox plays Matt Murdoch in Spider-Man 3 then I would say they are cannon.

According to the MCU Wiki, Runaways, Clock & Dagger, Helstrom are also part of the MCU and I had read that in a few places but not sure.

The one's that are for sure not part of Legion and The Gifted which fall under the old Fox X-Men universe.
`

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
How come Eternals was supposed to come out last year but hasn't even gotten a 30 second teaser while Black Widow had multiple 2 minute trailers?

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com

`

Officially just WandaVision. There is some line blurring with AoS. Agent Carter the same with the inclusion of live action Jarvis in Endgame, but there hasn’t been a real clear distinction.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Officially just WandaVision. There is some line blurring with AoS. Agent Carter the same with the inclusion of live action Jarvis in Endgame, but there hasn’t been a real clear distinction.

I haven't found anything saying that though.

I have heard that they may retcon the Agents of SHIELD stuff but I don't see how really with the cross overs by the likes of Lady Sif and Sam Jackson showing up twice. Same with Agent Carter, which has the exact same actors as those that showed up in Captain America the first Avenger and other movies. The retcon idea is mostly, I think, because the Darkhold shows up in Wanda Vision and looks nothing like the one in AoS.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I haven't found anything saying that though.

I have heard that they may retcon the Agents of SHIELD stuff but I don't see how really with the cross overs by the likes of Lady Sif and Sam Jackson showing up twice. Same with Agent Carter, which has the exact same actors as those that showed up in Captain America the first Avenger and other movies. The retcon idea is mostly, I think, because the Darkhold shows up in Wanda Vision and looks nothing like the one in AoS.

Unofficially, AoS was canon until season 4. When they began time travelling, that's when they veered into a different timeline.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Beat me to it, looks like it will be a complicated deal especially since Sony also has a new deal with Netflix

The deal is very complicated, especially since it comes hot on the heels of another deal Sony signed with Netflix, but here are the basics. Starting in 2022, Sony’s new theatrical movies will debut in theaters, then go to home video, and then appear on Netflix about nine months after theaters. That’s called the “Pay 1 window.” Disney’s deal is for after those films leave Netflix, or “post Pay 1.”
For context, it’s like how in the 1980s and 1990s, after a movie was in theaters, it would go to video, and then it would first appear on TV on a premium channel like HBO, commercial-free. A few months after that, you might see it on regular TV with commercials. In this Sony scenario, Netflix is the HBO, and Disney’s services (which include on streamers Disney+ and Hulu, as well as TV channels like ABC, Freeform, FX, and others) are the regular TV.
That’s just for the new, theatrical movies from 2022-2026 movies though. The potentially even more interesting part of the deal extends to Sony’s catalog titles. Disney will get rights to a “significant number” of those too and some of them will start showing up on Hulu specifically as early as June. That could include not just Spider-Man projects, but Jumanji, Hotel Transylvania, and numerous others.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->