Confirmed with Link: Martinez to Vegas

Jun 30, 2006
A little underwhelming considering the reports were 2 seconds, one being NJs and a top prospect.

Good trade for both sides. Nobody got ripped off, imo.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I never thought getting 2 seconds for Martinez would result in a Kings fan melting down over on the trade forum, yet here we are...
Yeah I see them all upset cause not everyone agrees with them lol.God forbid.Many are the same people arguing the Kings were a true contender from 2015,2016 lol.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
i don't see any melt downs.
it's a fair deal but i also think it is fair to have hoped for more.

Yes, I thought they may have been able to squeeze another asset out of Vegas considering some of the prices for the UFA defenseman that went yesterday and the Greene deal from NJ to NYI.

Oh well. Too bad the other 2nd wasn't the NJ pick.

I like that Blake is tearing it right down. Perfectly fine with it. Doing what needs to be done.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Overall, a good deal. I look for Blake to package some of the 2nd picks to move up.
BTW, does this mean that Clague gets the call up?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I am fine with the return on Martinez. With all of the extra picks acquired Blake will have some flexibility at the draft. Let's see if the opportunity to use the extra picks to his advantage presents itself.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
It isn't apples to apples, but it is a little wild to see that Campbell and 20 games of Clifford might get a better return than Martinez with an additional year left on his deal when veteran D are held in high regard.

Having the 2nd in 2021 be from St. Louis is underwhelming.

Get those assets though. That Blue pick might never be used by the Kings anyways. Blake has a metric shit ton of cap space and a ton of picks and prospects to go big game hunting. Let's see if that starts this off season or if he waits until he can pounce on some disgruntled star during the season.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
I am fine with the return on Martinez. With all of the extra picks acquired Blake will have some flexibility at the draft. Let's see if the opportunity to use the extra picks to his advantage presents itself.
Got Fagemo using the extra picks, and that's been a real good deal so far. Hopefully we see a few more of those in the next couple of years.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I have really liked Blake's method of handling trades lately. I like that him and his team decide on what value they think is fair and move when that value is met. It seems to be a straight up method of dealing that will benefit the team in the long run. It also means that he is more likely to get good value because he isn't waiting for an offer that is through the roof then being left without a partner come deadline time. It is at least a fairly unique method and I can appreciate that.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
It’s about liquidity now and with the picks and space, the Kings can do more things. At some point, maybe they can get another top prospect by taking on a salary dump.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I have really liked Blake's method of handling trades lately. I like that him and his team decide on what value they think is fair and move when that value is met. It seems to be a straight up method of dealing that will benefit the team in the long run. It also means that he is more likely to get good value because he isn't waiting for an offer that is through the roof then being left without a partner come deadline time. It is at least a fairly unique method and I can appreciate that.

Yeah, other GMs won't be reticent to deal with him - he doesn't play games.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad