Confirmed with Link: Martinez to Vegas

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Zach Whitecloud is someone the Kings were pursuing when he was in college. He could be part of the package.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
This one will sting a bit more. I am glad that we aren't letting an asset go unsold though. None of these are devastating though. The time has passed. To be honest, the only two players that would really gut me would be Brown and Quick. They were the heart and soul of the cup run teams. Kopitar and Doughty are the biggest names, but the fiercest competitors and leaders were definitely the captain and in goal.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
hmmm. would not like to see him in Vegas but am happy to keep the trades/roster turnover coming, no matter what team it is.
It’s very rarely something I care about. Once a player is gone, they are gone. Maybe going to the Ducks would grate but that’s about it. It’s no surprise things are heating up as GM’s know Blake won’t wait until the death and it may have the effect of pushing the price up for AMart. Blakes position will be presented as rather than holding a bidding war the first team that matches the price he wants will get AMart. Given the market I think that helps Blake immensely.

Time will tell though.

Reactions: tonellisghost

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This one will sting a bit more. I am glad that we aren't letting an asset go unsold though. None of these are devastating though. The time has passed. To be honest, the only two players that would really gut me would be Brown and Quick. They were the heart and soul of the cup run teams. Kopitar and Doughty are the biggest names, but the fiercest competitors and leaders were definitely the captain and in goal.
Have to agree about Brown in particular. I very, very rarely get emotionally attached to players but losing a Brown would leave me genuinely gutted. I’ve respected him immensely from Day 1 and hope he retires a King, although if the price is right if someone came in for him you’d have to bite the bullet.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
It’s very rarely something I care about. Once a player is gone, they are gone. Maybe going to the Ducks would grate but that’s about it. It’s no surprise things are heating up as GM’s know Blake won’t wait until the death and it may have the effect of pushing the price up for AMart. Blakes position will be presented as rather than holding a bidding war the first team that matches the price he wants will get AMart. Given the market I think that helps Blake immensely.

Time will tell though.
Looks like GM’s are panicking that nothing is left anymore next week.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Vegas’s #1 problem has always been their D. That’s why they got bodied by Washington a couple years ago. No one to consistently match up against the Ovechkin line. Juiced Schmidt was the closest they got to a #1D and he was more like a 1B than a true 1.

Martinez doesn’t solve that problem, but he does give them depth and experience, obviously.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
I was thinking that too. You can only reasonably have so many picks in one draft given the 50 contract limit.
that assuming that you sign them all.
but you can also use picks to move up in the draft

Just like you can't catch every Pokemon, you can't sign all your draft picks

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
I was thinking that too. You can only reasonably have so many picks in one draft given the 50 contract limit.

True but I think two of them could be packaged for a 1st rounder. Could also be used to pick up a prospect. Our own 2nd is like having another first anyway with how high it should be.

That said, I would rather have 1 this year and NJ’s in 2021 which should be fairly decent. Then you move 2, grab another first this year and still have one left plus an extra next year.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Are the Kings getting a warm body back (Nick Holden) to make the cap work or does Vegas have room?

Maybe the Kings are retaining in this deal.

J Smoove

Oct 8, 2015
Vegas has no cap room so a roster player must be coming in return. Hopefully the Kings retained on Marty for maximum value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->