Proposal: Martinez (retained) to the Leafs

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Funny they both play important top 4 minutes on one of the best defensive teams in the league. You need to watch them more than once or twice a season.
Wow, I was just asking a question lol. Playing top 4 minutes doesn't always make someone a top 4 defender.

But if I'm wrong you can just say that..

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Remember the Habs trying to get Duchene to fill a top 2C hole? The Leafs looking for a top 4D (using spare parts) is the new Duchene to Habs attempt. Should be entertaining to watch them scramble while their prospect pool is thin and they don't have any wiggle room in the cap space.

Nylander, Marner, Matthews, Kapanen, Gardiner. Cap space is pretty much gone and they have 16 players signed for next year. Better unload that Horton contract so they can create some wiggle room before the 2019/2020 season starts! Leafs are going to have to give up an asset for another GM to go to his owner and ask him to write off $5M. A developing story that is likely to pick up steam as time moves forward and closer to next season.

It certainly no secrete to other NHL GM's. Lets see how "brilliant" this young GM in Dubas is.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
So are yours
Nashville and San Jose come to mind right away
they are playing over 20 mins on the top defensive team in the league. Your right i should have said most teams in the nhl but both those's team u mention wouldn't be in the market to improve there defense so your point it moot at best. The leafs they would and not even a question so have a nice day

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
they are playing over 20 mins on the top defensive team in the league. Your right i should have said most teams in the nhl but both those's team u mention wouldn't be in the market to improve there defense so your point it moot at best. The leafs they would and not even a question so have a nice day
Yes you should have
Ciao

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
:kings
Borgman, Andreas ($925,000)
Timashov, Dmytro ($693,333)
2019 3rd round pick *

* = If Leafs win 2019 Stanley Cup pick becomes 2019 2nd round pick

:leafs

Martinez, Alec ($2,000,000) - 50% retained

Leafs Blueline:

RiellyMartinez
Gardiner Zaitsev
DermottHainsey
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Pretty garbage return for L.A. I think L.A needs Martinez still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad