Leafs Blueline:

RiellyMartinez
Gardiner Zaitsev
DermottHainsey
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
They aren't contending a move a 31 year old defender for future assets
Well, offer something that they can rebuild on. Borgman is worse then Fantenberg and is not young enough and Timashov is nothing special. Start with Sandin or a first or something usefull. If you want retantion. My guess is Sandin +

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Is Martinez even a top 4 guy at this point?

It seems like the Kings have a few guys that are living off their reputation from a few years ago. When I've seen Muzzin/Martinez recently...they look a lot worse than they did 2-3 years ago.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Why would the Kings do this? Don't get me wrong, as a division rival, I'd love to see the Kings make this kind of move. But, there is literally no incentive here for the Kings to move Martinez, let lone eat half of his salary too.

Maybe if you offer enough, they will trade you Phaneuf back.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

It seems like the Kings have a few guys that are living off their reputation from a few years ago. When I've seen Muzzin/Martinez recently...they look a lot worse than they did 2-3 years ago.

Either guy is absolutely a top-4 dman when you play them with anyone but each other. They are toxic together. Seriously. Literally worst d-pairing in the league by several metrics, but Stevens gonna Stevens.

Martinez is versatile, is a league leader in shot blocks, can run your PP and PK, skate the puck out of trouble himself. If anything he's underrated, he's just being completely misused and being trotted out on his backhand with a partner with 0 chemistry by the worst coach in the league who is mismanaging 90% of the roster.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
:kings
Borgman, Andreas ($925,000)
Timashov, Dmytro ($693,333)
2019 3rd round pick *

* = If Leafs win 2019 Stanley Cup pick becomes 2019 2nd round pick

:leafs

Martinez, Alec ($2,000,000) - 50% retained

Leafs Blueline:

RiellyMartinez
Gardiner Zaitsev
DermottHainsey
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Dam strate boning with no Vaseline . Martinez is an underrated top 4 dman In the league and you want us to retain 50% for a bunch of dime a dozen players lmao. Get out of here

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
terrible for LA.

Martinez lead the league in shot blocks last year but unlike a guy like Russel he is useful at both ends of the ice. He is very underrated and in no way would LA do this without retention and without a condition on the pick. I could see him moved if LA falls out of playoff contention but it would be for more than this pile of crap.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Funny they both play important top 4 minutes on one of the best defensive teams in the league. You need to watch them more than once or twice a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad