Prospect Info: Martin Pospisil: 2018 4th round, 105th overall

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I can't believe I had never seen that thing with Domi punching that fan. That's hilarious. You have to be pretty drunk to think you're tougher than a professional athlete, especially Tie Domi :laugh:

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
This is such a bull**** ****ing excuse. He's 19, he's responsible for his own actions and should be held accountable.

Holy over reaction batman. First I'm not saying he's not responsible. I'm saying he's a kid and will likely mature, that is all. I'm not going to write him off as a half decent prospect because he had an altercation with a fan at USHL game.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Holy over reaction batman. First I'm not saying he's not responsible. I'm saying he's a kid and will likely mature, that is all. I'm not going to write him off as a half decent prospect because he had an altercation with a fan at USHL game.
No one was suggesting writing him off as a prospect

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
He speared someone, abused an official and got into an altercation with a fan. Frankly, the fact anyone thinks 12 games is enough is downright laughable.

The fact you seem to think you are 100% right on this one is more laughable imo.

Why do you know more than the USHL officials that suspended him exactly?

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
The fact you seem to think you are 100% right on this one is more laughable imo.

Why do you know more than the USHL officials that suspended him exactly?
Why do you more than NHL officials? I've seen you complain and say they're wrong. The fact of the matter is that if you lay down the line and give a harsh suspension, it will he less likely to happen in the future

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Why do you more than NHL officials? I've seen you complain and say they're wrong. The fact of the matter is that if you lay down the line and give a harsh suspension, it will he less likely to happen in the future

Never 100% say I know more than officials. Sure bitch and moan. To say that it's laughable and 100% though is different imo.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Never 100% say I know more than officials. Sure ***** and moan. To say that it's laughable and 100% though is different imo.
If you don't believe you are right in an opinion, why even have one? It's pathetic that standing behind your opinions is seen as a negative

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

By this logic, you could argue that no suspension should ever be shorter than a year. If Tkachuk had been suspended a full calendar year for his elbow on Doughty, it would have done a better job discouraging future plays.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
By this logic, you could argue that no suspension should ever be shorter than a year. If Tkachuk had been suspended a full calendar year for his elbow on Doughty, it would have done a better job discouraging future plays.
Yeah if you want to intentionally blow things out of proportion, but solid contribution AS. :thumbu:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah if you want to intentionally blow things out of proportion, but solid contribution AS. :thumbu:
This is how logic works. It's an extreme example which shows why the line of reasoning you were using is not a valid argument.

Your argument for why it wasn't lengthy enough can't just be "a lengthier suspension would be more of a discouragement," because that is something that would be true of suspensions that are one game, too.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
This is how logic works. It's an extreme example which shows why the line of reasoning you were using is not a valid argument.

Your argument for why it wasn't lengthy enough can't just be "a lengthier suspension would be more of a discouragement," because that is something that would be true of suspensions that are one game, too.
Yeah... very poor logic.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
If you don't believe you are right in an opinion, why even have one? It's pathetic that standing behind your opinions is seen as a negative

Because people are allowed to have different opinions? And in this example, people have LITERAL different view points on what happens.

It's not standing behind my opinion. It's saying there's literally information they may have that I don't. If I criticize a ref, how am I supposed to know if he was busy getting up after being knocked down off camera, or was literally blocked from vision by another player.

Life isn't always absolutes. Why you can't seem to grasp that I don't know.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
FLAMES SIGN MARTIN POSPISIL

CALGARY - The Calgary Flames announce today that they have signed forward Martin Pospisil to a three-year entry-level contract.

Pospisil, a native of Zvolen, Slovakia, concluded his second season with the Sioux City Musketeers in the USHL, where he had his best statistical season in 2018-19. The 19-year-old scored 16 goals and added 47 assists for 63 points in 44 games played. Pospisil also suited up for Team Slovakia at the World Junior Championships this past January where he notched two assists and eight penalty minutes in five games. The assistant captain of the Musketeers was drafted by the Flames in the fourth round (105th overall) in the 2018 NHL Draft.

Reactions: degustator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->