Prospect Info: Martin Pospisil: 2018 4th round, 105th overall

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
As a intro in this statement you all should know, that Ernest Bokros (National U20 Coach) is very unpopular between Slovak fans. There are rumors flying, that he takes his horses that are clearly bellow the level. The reason? One fathers firms builds him new cottage, another father will reconstruct his home and so on. Again, that are rumors spoken between fans.
And because that, the best possible team is impossible to build.

Nobody from former teams doesn't speak it loudly. But between friends it is common theme.

And now the two guys (Pospisil and Milos Fafrak) openly say, that he destroyed the team. Pospisil was almost cut, but other players stepped in and clearly said to coach, they want play with Pospisil. Methods from Ernest Bokros seems to come from communist times, because he doesn't respect any player and his methods are horridly bad.

Fafrak said also about the HK Orange team, where most of the U20 players play until WJC. And was the same. Bokros shouldn't be coach any more.

Many others former player, that came to contact with Ernest B, open their Memoares after this and also said, what an distributive person he is.

Today should be press conference. Im curious to hear, what will they say.

Its a big story here in Slovakia.

Obviously Bokros denied any allegations wrtitten by Pospisil. Accused Pospisil of not writing down the post on his own. Also threatened another former junior player (family relative of Demitra) who made a public comment of a bribe on fb to take a legal action.

The main thing is that Pospisil had enough integrity for the state of hockey in Slovakia and leadership quality so he decided to speak up. Speaking of leadership a captain of Slovak junior team who was also at the same press conference today decided not to take any side.

There were several promising Slovak prospects during Bokros tenure with national team and none of them had the balls to do it publicly. Bokros is well known for his old fashioned Tichonov's style of coaching. Also he is known for telling to quit the hockey a junior prospect at that time as he would never be any good. That prospect had a different opinion than his junior coach, he decided not to quit hockey, made it to the draft, made a NHL team, became a captain, Norris trophy winner, Stanley cup champion. You might seen him, he is still active and 6'9'' tall.
Wow. Just wow. It seems to be obvious that big changes need to be made and I'm not talking about just the coach. Why is the main governing body of Slovakian U20 hockey allowing stuff like this to go on? Its as much their fault as it is the coach's.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Wow. Just wow. It seems to be obvious that big changes need to be made and I'm not talking about just the coach. Why is the main governing body of Slovakian U20 hockey allowing stuff like this to go on? Its as much their fault as it is the coach's.

Yeah. That is a question, that nobody could answer. Especially, when the GM of Slovak national Team is Miroslav Satan and according to Ernest Bokros, he offered him the job again. Im sure, Satan will say some words in the coming weeks.

There is also Boris Valabik. You may know him as the 1th round pick of Atlanta Tharshers, that didn't pan out. But he is now very respected person in regard to TV color commentator. Next Monday he should have online interview with Ernest Bokros. He promises, he will ask hard questions and will demand answers. Lets see.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Because much of the governing body does not give a shit about Slovakia or Slovak hockey. They hang around after Velvet Revolution because Slovaks and Czechs are too nice to actually hang these criminals. Take Juraj f***ing Siroky for example, sold his own mother out to the secret police for the crime of talking to her uncle who had fled to the west.

Reactions: Pizza the Hutt

Khrox

May 31, 2018
What I found on another site:

"Bokros never wanted him (the top point scorer on the USHL) in the selection camp. Pospisil was only invited because the president of the Slovakian Hockey Federation, Miroslav Satan overruled Bokros.

When he arrived in Nanimo for the camp no one from the team met him. He waited in the airport for 1.5 hours until someone from the team finally texted him and told him to take a cab to the arena.

Pospisil became sick the morning of the exhibition game against Canada. The coach told him if he didn't play that night he wouldn't be on the team. So Posipisil said if that is your decision and even called his parents to tell them he didn't make the team. The team captains had to intervene and begged Pospisil to stay and the coach ended up giving him 3 days to recover after calling Satan.

Bokros made a public joke that Pospisil had made a credit card payment to get on the team.

Claimed the atmosphere and communication around the team was very bad. Even the teams leaders had a great deal of negativity"

And a Slovakian website claims that both former players and even some members of the Flames scouting staff warned him that this situation might happen with Bokros as coach.

debil

Sep 23, 2006
his behavior means big character red flag, openly criticizing coach in the media and suggesting how national team should be ran in the age of 17 with zero experience or achievement.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
his behavior means big character red flag, openly criticizing coach in the media and suggesting how national team should be ran in the age of 17 with zero experience or achievement.
Except most of his claims are corroborated by multiple other players from this WJC, and previous WJC's, former players under him in other leagues, and others within the hockey community (both in Slovakia and beyond, remember, the Flames management even warned him about this specific coach and his history with stuff like this). When it's this widespread, it becomes less of a character issue.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

If what he’s saying is true, that’s not a lack of character. How many other players would have been victimized under this coach. It takes a ton of courage to do what he did, especially at his age. I give him lots of credit, again providing his words are true.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
If what he’s saying is true, that’s not a lack of character. How many other players would have been victimized under this coach. It takes a ton of courage to do what he did, especially at his age. I give him lots of credit, again providing his words are true.
His statement was backed up by Milos Fafrak, who played for the orange 20 team. He made a similar statement talking about the coaches complete ineptitude. Pospisil is was also supported by parents of players who played for u20 team in the years past, who say that their kids were in similar situations

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

So much wrong with this.

A young man basically sticking up for his entire team and all future Slovakian players by bring to light what's been happening. Not to mention him bringing this to light inspired another player to come forward.

That takes a s*** ton of courage and you should feel bad for posting that

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

From game report:
During another post-whistle scrum Martin Pospisil was jumped by multiple Lancer players, but it was Pospisil who came away with the penalty. After entering the box, Lancer fans began to throw things at Pospisil, not a pretty scene at Ralston Arena. Pospisil would need to be restrained and was sent to the locker room for the rest of the game.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Quotes on what happened from another source:

"Pospisil was in the box for roughing and then had garbage thrown at him by the Omaha fans, and he accordingly lashed out. Probably a bit over the edge, but maybe people shouldn’t throw garbage at teenage hockey players. No discipline announced yet although he missed the next game."

Khrox

May 31, 2018
"Pospisil was in the box for roughing and then had garbage thrown at him by the Omaha fans, and he accordingly lashed out. Probably a bit over the edge, but maybe people shouldn’t throw garbage at teenage hockey players. No discipline announced yet although he missed the next game."
Maybe people shouldn't throw garbage at people in general? But yeah, I can't say I blame him. I'd be pretty pissed too.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I dunno if he can skate well enough to ever make an impact in the show as I only really saw him play at dev camp (but noticed him positively) but I have a good feeling about this kid and a suspension doesn't change that. IIRC Lomberg was brought in the org being a bit of a firecracker himself in American Junior and I think Pospisil seemed profoundly more skilled and looked huge in camp.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
My new favourite prospect.

Would love to see him on the 4th line. Always good to have the craziest guy in the league on your team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->