Signing(s): Martin Maldonado signs with the White Sox

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
For as much as I have bitched about him I'm still alittle sad to see him go but it was time...It's Diaz's time in the spotlight now... Still have a bunch of fond memories of Machete though.

The White Sox pitching staff will love him for his framing and how he calls the game but don't expect a productive bat. Hell, even his defense has taken a step back. It felt like he gave up a ton of passed balls last year and if you're expecting him to throw anyone out at a consistent pace then you're going to be disappointed.. Though I'm not even sure if they brought him in to be the starting catcher ? I would hope that this a just a depth move. In that case it will be fine. Especially if they brought him in just to mentor a young catcher or something. I'm not familiar on who the White Sox have coming up behind the plate.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
For as much as I have bitched about him I'm still alittle sad to see him go but it was time...It's Diaz's time in the spotlight now... Still have a bunch of fond memories of Machete though.

The White Sox pitching staff will love him for his framing and how he calls the game but don't expect a productive bat. Hell, even his defense has taken a step back. It felt like he gave up a ton of passed balls last year and if you're expecting him to throw anyone out at a consistent pace then you're going to be disappointed.. Though I'm not even sure if they brought him in to be the starting catcher ? I would hope that this a just a depth move. In that case it will be fine. Especially if they brought him in just to mentor a young catcher or something. I'm not familiar on who the White Sox have coming up behind the plate.
He’ll probably be the backup to Stassi

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Stassi is 33 so he shouldn’t be getting mentors.
lol. Time has flown by! God , I still have it in my head that he was still up and coming on my team Haha. That trade with the A's was a decade ago and we traded him years ago. I'm going senile.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I dont understand acquiring both Stassi and Maldonado

Stassi the Sox are only on hook for league minimum and Braves ate the rest of his costs to clear his contract. I would assume he is DFA in future and made FA

Korey Lee is the young C the Sox talked about wanting to platoon with vet

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I dont understand acquiring both Stassi and Maldonado

Stassi the Sox are only on hook for league minimum and Braves ate the rest of his costs to clear his contract. I would assume he is DFA in future and made FA

Korey Lee is the young C the Sox talked about wanting to platoon with vet
Did they get anything for taking him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad