Prospect Info: Martin Kaut RW (2018 #16 overall) l ELC signed 7/5/18

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
The more I watch of him the more excited I get. If the Avs make the playoffs it won't shock me to see him play on our 2nd line and look good on it. Not saying I expect it but it wouldn't surprise me.
I almost think I'm expecting it . But wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan. I'm with you , the more u watch him the more u like him .

Reactions: klozge

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
He could probably stand to spend time in NA just for the sake of improving his English, too

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
He will. If he doesn't make the team out of camp (and that would be too early imo) he'll play for the Eagles.
People were talking about going to the CHL or back to Europe. Which what was prompted my comment

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
People were talking about going to the CHL or back to Europe. Which what was prompted my comment
He doesn't need to go to the CHL but is allowed to play in the AHL even at his young age. (European status or whatever it's called) And the way I understood both him and Sakic he will start the season there if nothing crazy happens.

Last edited:

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I almost think I'm expecting it . But wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan. I'm with you , the more u watch him the more u like him .
He seems to be a very complete player for his age. Really good defensively and his vision is astounding. Often when I watch him I'm thinking mini-MacKinnon. He's obviously not as good and fast as MacK but Kaut's play style reminds me of him. I hope he'll get one or two pre-season games on a line with Jost and maybe Ghetto.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
All I can think of Kaut is that he's the missing puzzle piece player. He can and will drive the offense on his own too but is counted on to be the guy who works hard, gets in the corners, fights the puck with bigger dogs and makes life easy for Jost, MacKinnon whoever he plays with. Ultimately our cheap and big version of Jere Lehtinen who makes our versions of Modanos shine brighter with his effort.

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
All I can think of Kaut is that he's the missing puzzle piece player. He can and will drive the offense on his own too but is counted on to be the guy who works hard, gets in the corners, fights the puck with bigger dogs and makes life easy for Jost, MacKinnon whoever he plays with. Ultimately our cheap and big version of Jere Lehtinen who makes our versions of Modanos shine brighter with his effort.
The missing piece is Bowers (strictly speaking about forwards here) imo but Kaut will probably make and after a hopefully short while improve the team earlier.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca

I don't know what goes into the ranking and the formulas involved but our guy is third so it must be accurate.

This is clearly our draft list because Brandon Saigeon is at #16.

EDIT: In all seriousness, this is pretty impressive for Kaut either way, especially considering he prides himself on the defensive side of the game.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The missing piece is Bowers (strictly speaking about forwards here) imo but Kaut will probably make and after a hopefully short while improve the team earlier.

Bowers, Jost, and Kaut will make a great second line. We might as well draft defense with Ottawa's pick.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It won't be long before people fall in love with this guy both because of personality and play on the ice.

Reactions: klozge

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
That seems like conjecture to me.

We have no idea where the pick will be. It very well could be a center BPA at whatever pick we get (11? 7? 20? 1?)

For 2019? Definitely not that draft is loaded with Forwards from top to bottom of the first round.

Jack Hughes is the obvious top prize. But you have 3 D men in York, Byram and Robertson who could elevate themselves into the upper echelon of the top 3-5.

Even if they don't, let's say the pick is #10 and the top D man(let's say he's the #8 prospect) and the #11 prospect(Avs obviously don't follow the draft sites rankings) is a forward, is taking the #11 prospect over the top D man really BPA? It's preference.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Jack Hughes is the obvious top prize. But you have 3 D men in York, Byram and Robertson who could elevate themselves into the upper echelon of the top 3-5.

Even if they don't, let's say the pick is #10 and the top D man(let's say he's the #8 prospect) and the #11 prospect(Avs obviously don't follow the draft sites rankings) is a forward, is taking the #11 prospect over the top D man really BPA? It's preference.

It would take an insane year from any of those Dmen to crack the Top 5 of next years draft. Like I said there's far more then just Hughes at the top of the draft in terms of elite forwards.

Kakko, Turcotte, Newhook, Cozens, Dach, Peyton.

I'm not saying to draft a forward no matter what. I'm saying its likely the BPA at our position with the Ottawa pick is gonna be a forward anyway. As of right now the only Dman I see with a legit chance to go inside the Top 10 of that draft is Byram. Besides him there's just way too many forwards with tremendous upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->