Prospect Info: Martin Kaut RW (2018 #16 overall) l ELC signed 7/5/18

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I hope they let Kaut dominate the AHL before bringing him up to the NHL. I'd be fine with Kaut playing another year for the Eagles with some call-ups along the way when injuries hit.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Why the **** is Kaut in Loveland when he looks better than Jost?

As the other posts indicated, gives him more time to develop and adds a year of team control.

I do believe they should send down Jost. Given him an opportunity to regain his confidence and play together to develop chemistry.

Reactions: Jayevs

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
So he's going to be better than Landeskog?
Considering Landy is only the third liner, yes.

The other thing to remember about Kaut staying in the AHL all year is that he stays exempt for the X darft which is very important for the Avs.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Looking forward to Kaut being that middle bumper option on the PP once he becomes an Av. I think Compher is pretty good in that spot but Kaut is made for it because some of those bumper passes can be unexpected one timers instead.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Then send Jost down as well so we don't have to look at him...

Please send Jost down. I literally can't stand watching him plugged into the Avs second line. I'd love to eat some crow for this but I don't see anything in Jost's game that shows top 6 NHL player.

Reactions: AvsWraith

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Looking forward to Kaut being that middle bumper option on the PP once he becomes an Av. I think Compher is pretty good in that spot but Kaut is made for it because some of those bumper passes can be unexpected one timers instead.
He scored there at the WJC's and looked good in that spot. Has a real quick release and is sturdy. Hopefully he can become good at tipping as well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I have often wondered how Landy would do in that role if Mikko primarily posted up behind the net; with someone else taking his spot on the right halfboard.

...typically as a result of Drae / Radu / Senko / Hughes fantasies...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I have often wondered how Landy would do in that role if Mikko primarily posted up behind the net; with someone else taking his spot on the right halfboard.

...typically as a result of Drae / Radu / Senko / Hughes fantasies...
I think it would be pretty crazy to even considering moving Landy from the spot he plays on the PP right now. That slide from below the goal line to the front of the net is what he was born to do offensively. Pass with Mikko on the side wall, then slide to the front to tip T-Brutes muffins. It's beautiful to watch.

Reactions: avsfan09

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think it would be pretty crazy to even considering moving Landy from the spot he plays on the PP right now. That slide from below the goal line to the front of the net is what he was born to do offensively. Pass with Mikko on the side wall, then slide to the front to tip T-Brutes muffins. It's beautiful to watch.

Can’t argue with that, but watching Mikko pulling the strings from behind the net is intoxicating to :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->