Waived: Martin Frk

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
If Martin gets claimed, maybe we should start a list of possible replacement names for one of our great contributors on these forums. Something to reflect the next era of the team, maybe? How about:

EnHughesiastic
Kakkophany
BeCozens I Said So
Dachs Against the Wall
She Gave Me Krebs
Egyptian Turcotton

Reactions: Oddbob

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
My condolences to Frk It.

https://www.tsn.ca/red-wings-place-f-frk-on-waivers-1.1257105

Is this due to another player(s) being ready to join the team, or is there some other move incoming?

Daley and now Bertuzzi coming off IR puts them at 24 players.

I guess they didn't want to send down Ehn or Cholowski, or waive/demote Witkowski.

I'm guessing they tried to trade him, but found no serious takers.

Makes sense since Frk has been a healthy scratch for 17 of the last 20... He was probably a goner anyway. They didn't qualify him last summer, and probably wouldn't have again for his current salary this summer. He probably would've opted to find another NHL opportunity.

Earlier in the year, I figured Frk's higher than a bit part and just over 100% bury-able salary would've kept teams from claiming him, but now he'd be a pretty cheap add.

I'm betting he either clears, or gets claimed by a team looking to pile up some warm bodies in anticipation of unloading a bunch of rentals at the deadline (IE Florida/Ottawa)...

IIRC, Frk would count toward the veteran maximum in GR, where they are already over the limit. So going there probably isn't ideal...

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
If Martin gets claimed, maybe we should start a list of possible replacement names for one of our great contributors on these forums. Something to reflect the next era of the team, maybe? How about:

EnHughesiastic
Kakkophany
BeCozens I Said So
Dachs Against the Wall
She Gave Me Krebs
Egyptian Turcotton

He could just hold on to it like the last time Frk was claimed. He would be sure to be waived again and re-picked up by the Wings.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
He was claimed the last 2 times he was sent on waivers iirc.

This is true, but IIRC him returning to Detroit the 2nd time meant that the other 29 teams didn't put in a claim, which allowed the Wings to send him to GR.

He's now two years older with a less than stellar NHL resume, at least within the last calendar year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad