Martin frk

RedWingsNow*

Assuming Frk has NHL level talent:
This year: 0.5 percent chance he makes the roster
Next year: 5 percent chance he makes the roster to start the season.
15-16: 35 percent chance he makes the roster to start the season.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Think when datsyuk retires he will be on roster.

He has a long way to go. I like the kid a lot even though is plenty whom will say was because of drouin etc.. He is gonna have to fight hard and prove he can play as well as the mantha's jarnkrok's and sheahan's of the world etc..

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
He'll get at least two full seasons in Grand Rapids.

That's just how it goes. I could see him having a season similar to Jurco's, production wise. Rough transition but continuously improving and finishing strong.

RedWingsNow*

He would need to light up GR with like 25 to 35 goals and play big to have a chance at a 2014-15 call up

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Assuming Frk has NHL level talent:
This year: 0.5 percent chance he makes the roster
Next year: 5 percent chance he makes the roster to start the season.
15-16: 35 percent chance he makes the roster to start the season.

Pretty much this. Two full years in AHL and then a 3rd split season AHL/NHL. After that, fully in NHL if everything goes well.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I see him getting a a few games combined the next couple of seasons. Third season a longer look assuming his development's gone right, fourth year regular. The guy who doesn't have the best defense or best skating going in will probably not leapfrog a bunch on of guys on the depth chart right away.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The guy who doesn't have the best defense or best skating going in will probably not leapfrog a bunch on of guys on the depth chart right away.

A guy who is a right handed sniper and plays with some grit might, though.

Depends a lot on his AHL production, IMO.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
He needs to get some call ups. In order to do that he needs to produce at the AHL level. No one expected Lashoff to get a call up but he did and he performed well enough to earn the #7 spot and he still has room to grow. Lashoff however benefited from how spectacularly mediocre our defense was last season before DeKeyser signed.

We have good depth at forward so it will be tough for Frk to push through to get call ups to Detroit this season. It's more likely to happen during the 2014-15 season. Frk's a scorer so he could be slotted right behind Jurco as far as scoring line forwards go when it comes to call ups.

RedWingsNow*

A guy who is a right handed sniper and plays with some grit might, though.

Depends a lot on his AHL production, IMO.

What also matters is reports about him playing tough, physical hockey. If he's hitting everything, scoring some goals and playing the way his coach asks,he could get a few games in during 2014-15.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What also matters is reports about him playing tough, physical hockey. If he's hitting everything, scoring some goals and playing the way his coach asks,he could get a few games in during 2014-15.

100% agree.

Lets remember he's not the typical "rail-thin" Red Wings skilled prospect that needs to gain weight to play. He's already 200 lbs with a solid build, built like a grown man.

He's the kind of guy you have to be worried about if you're on the other side of the puck, because he won't hesitate for a second to blow you up if he catches you with his head down. We could use more of that, if you ask me.

Adds value to him for sure, IMO.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI

Frk also takes a lot of stupid penalties because he has a bad temper, he has gotten better about it but is still not that close to where the wings will want him in that regard. For him to get a shot in 2014-15 he would have to show some high end offensive abilities at the pro level to make up for his weak defense and bad penalties, though a couple of games is possible depending on the wings situation at the time.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Frk also takes a lot of stupid penalties because he has a bad temper, he has gotten better about it but is still not that close to where the wings will want him in that regard. For him to get a shot in 2014-15 he would have to show some high end offensive abilities at the pro level to make up for his weak defense and bad penalties.

He takes dumb penalties that's for sure, mostly out of emotion/retaliation I believe.

To me that's a good and bad thing. Shows that he will stand up for himself or teammates in the heat of battle. He needs to be smarter about it, that's for sure, and learn to pick his spots better. That hopefully should come as he matures as a player/person.

I like that he has a mean streak to his game personally.

We have plenty of gentlemen on our team. I'd like to have a guy who likes to stir things up a bit.

Last edited:

RedWingsNow*

A lot of people compared Abdelkader to Martin Lapointe. But Abdelkader pretty clearly lacks the puck skills or shot to be a top 6 player.
Wonder if Frk is a bit more along those Lapointe lines.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
A lot of people compared Abdelkader to Martin Lapointe. But Abdelkader pretty clearly lacks the puck skills or shot to be a top 6 player.
Wonder if Frk is a bit more along those Lapointe lines.

This comes partly from me and partly from q's top scout. He broke down frk mantha drouin and mackinnon for me good guy

Frk is the real deal he went from first year where yes already had a shot good enough for NHL but skating was a problem and controlling the puck to someone though not great yet but good at controlling the puck on offense.

He will be a top 6 in NHL power forward. I think you go slow with him cause he needs to work on his defense and on developing better skating also improving even more in the areas he is already good at so I figure you wont see him or mantha till 2015-2016 but once they come up for good they should stay up. Gonna have two very good scorers with probably better size than you are used to in detroit. Frk is seriously hard worker and one of the most improved players in Q this year.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
He takes dumb penalties that's for sure, mostly out of emotion/retaliation I believe.

To me that's a good and bad thing. Shows that he will stand up for himself or teammates in the heat of battle. He needs to be smarter about it, that's for sure, and learn to pick his spots better. That hopefully should come as he matures as a player/person.

I like that he has a mean streak to his game personally.

We have plenty of gentlemen on our team. I'd like to have a guy who likes to stir things up a bit.

I think he has been cutting down on penalties per year. Sometimes you get stuck in that roll and its your job.

I dont know if he is abdelkader or lapoint I would put him more as mccarthy he kinda runs through the traffic instead of finesse which he has and should probably use more.

Once he gets to AHL I believe honestly he will become the player that was expected and be a hell of a steal where you drafted him. One year in AHL with good coaching will do the kid wonders

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
When say mccarthy the kid had a pro slap shot three years ago and good finisher needs to work on finesse instead of bull in china shop yet coaching will make him just a beast lol. Cause even though aint huge people will fear how he plays and set up for him to deke etc.. easily.

Biggest attribute he makes people respect him which allows linemmates to get a TON of extra space also!!

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
When say mccarthy the kid had a pro slap shot three years ago and good finisher needs to work on finesse instead of bull in china shop yet coaching will make him just a beast lol. Cause even though aint huge people will fear how he plays and set up for him to deke etc.. easily.

Biggest attribute he makes people respect him which allows linemmates to get a TON of extra space also!!

You need to better organize your posts, they are very hard to read.

People might take you seriously if you do.

Just advice, not trying to be a jerk.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
You need to better organize your posts, they are very hard to read.

People might take you seriously if you do.

Just advice, not trying to be a jerk.

Not taking it badly. I have heart condition low ejection fraction in teens. Dont get but a 4th of oxygen to brain of normal person. This helps me using it as a form of rehab cause is a passion and love hockey etc..

Know sentences can be bad and disjointed. Don't see it when am sick and in crash bad time of day or a bad day. Try to do best I can:) Is frustrating and appreciate those whom share views and talk hockey with me etc.. cause is good for me.

I think am doing better at times and still have very bad moments when know is very difficult and totally disjointed.

I am trying and hope for patience from people.

As have said before will try to do better and thank you to those whom do share and put up with my prose etc..!!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Not taking it badly. I have heart condition low ejection fraction in teens. Dont get but a 4th of oxygen to brain of normal person. This helps me using it as a form of rehab cause is a passion and love hockey etc..

Know sentences can be bad and disjointed. Don't see it when am sick and in crash bad time of day or a bad day. Try to do best I can:) Is frustrating and appreciate those whom share views and talk hockey with me etc.. cause is good for me.

I think am doing better at times and still have very bad moments when know is very difficult and totally disjointed.

As have said before will try to do better and thank you to those whom do share and put up with my prose etc..!!

You're always welcome to share your thoughts and talk hockey with us. I'm glad you're doing so and look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Good luck in your medical care and thanks for letting us know. I'm sure any problems folks have can be answered with a simple question or two and we can keep talking hockey. What matters is that we're all Wings fans and we can have fun talking about the greatest sport on Earth. :nod:

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

My apologies, and I hope things go well in your medical care.

Often on this site you find a couple crazies that just go all out with their opinions and can't form a sentence if they were given money to do so.

Now that I know that it is not your fault, I will read your posts in detail.

From Florida...

Have a humid day lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad