Martin Frk made opening night roster?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He's done a good job keeping his shots on net. On the PP, with the pace on his shot, goalies have a hard time handling it cleanly. His shots have caused some havoc net-front even when he hasn't scored so far.

Not sure if his ES play will hold up, but I think his play on the PP will keep him in the lineup. We will see.
Agreed, I'd rather a low controlled shot come in at the pads for a rebound chance than fly over and smash the glass with an impressive thud.
Whether or not his ES will hold up (it won't), his shot is a definite weapon on the PP and opens up that unit in many other ways.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You have to tip your hat to Frk It for holding strong all this time. Lesser men would have bailed for new names like Mantha Ray, AA Meeting, or Lark! The Herald Angels Sing.

You’ve just been holding onto these puns and not telling me for how long...

200.gif

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Biggest difference between Frk and Pulkkinen is i think Frk is content just getting his shots on net, because he knows his shot is heavy and will create rebounds... whereas i think Pulkkinen tried to pick corners and shoot perfect shots.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Biggest difference between Frk and Pulkkinen is i think Frk is content just getting his shots on net, because he knows his shot is heavy and will create rebounds... whereas i think Pulkkinen tried to pick corners and shoot perfect shots.

Eh, I think he gets his shot off however he can. If it's in his feet, he does the Hull, and still gets it forwards the goal.

He's also a ton better away from the puck.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Yeah, any Pulu vs. Frk debate should be dead in the water. I think Pulk has a harder shot and I think it’s more accurate in a vacuum but at NHL speed, it’s a deflection at best and the strength difference is negligible without time and space. Its not NHL-functional. As for Frk, I think he is either a humble guy who realizes his bread-and-butter talents don’t need to be pretty to be effective or he’s smartly heeded the advice of NHL veterans who have told him just to get that nasty shot off whenever he can. Either way, he is making a point of just getting that bullet on net and it’s paying dividends in diverse enough ways for him to still warrant the feeds. I don’t think he’s been anything more than a good 3rd line buy-in overall but I do love to see a guy adapt his raw talent to the NHL level when other factors are against him.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
I really like the way Frk seems to have a penchant for taking the body too. He hits people hard when he can. His passing has also improved since last year.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Frks shot is definitely better than Pulkkinens. Its very hard (whose is harder is arguable, they both have elite power) but Frk gets his on net and hits the net waaayyyyy more its not even close. I was at the point where I didnt want Pulkinen to shoot because it was missing the net and leaving the zone so much, every time Frk has the puck I want him to shoot because he hits the net and if he doesnt score it causes rebound chances (something Pulkkinen never did). And away from the puck, Frk is also much better. He actually wins the odd puck battle

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I just love how he always drops to his knees when he shoots. I don't remember really noticing that from anyone before watching Frk regularly, so it seems like a pretty distinctive trait of his.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
He's a grinder so he can play on scoring lines and checking lines. He will stick in the NHL. He makes our pp so much more dangerous.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
haha I really like that assessment of Frk

hes a 4th line grinder who just happens to have a crazy shot. Hands aren't particularly great, vision is nothing special, skating below average... but he can shoot. I wonder how long that shot will keep him in the league, I have been pleasantly surprised by him so far this season. 9 points in 17 games is not bad.

I am a huge fan of his and I hope he can stick around, just so we can watch the one-timers on the PP

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I just love how he always drops to his knees when he shoots. I don't remember really noticing that from anyone before watching Frk regularly, so it seems like a pretty distinctive trait of his.

Brett Hull. He shoots like him.

I am in no way saying he is anywhere near the player that Brett Hull was.

Reactions: Winger98

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I really want to see a Frk shootout (or penalty shot) attempt. Winding up for a slapper on such an occasion is always fun.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I was thinking that the Frk-Larkin-Matha line, since Athanasieu's return, seems more productive than the Athanasieu-Larkin-Mantha line, even though F-L-M has become kind of a rare combo.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
I would love to roll out the FLM line... Lol, think the wings broadcast crew would have to stay away from that nick name though haha

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Stamkos does this all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->