Confirmed with Link: Martin Dzierkals Requested Leafs Trade His Rights... Leafs Declined

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
eh wouldn't be the end of the world even if we got nothing for him. Probably should of just traded him maybe they are who knows, but keeping him when he will struggle to make the marlies is a bit of a waste

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
He can continue to attempt his development in the KHL, but at this point, it looks like he doesn't have a NHL future. When JJ Piccinich gets more points than you, in both the regular season, and the playoffs, in the ECHL.... well, maybe keep your mouth shut, and try and improve your play.

He had a decent D+1 season, looked like we might have a player, but then his D+2 wasn't very good, and he was just ok in the ECHL. I'm not overly familiar with guys who start in the ECHL, and become regular NHL players, but I did look at a few. Desharnais and Frk are two... but they were well over PPG in the ECHL... not 0.7 PPG.

This one is on him... others have more legitimate complaints.

Last edited:
Reactions: justafan22

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He can continue to attempt his development in the KHL, but at this point, it looks like he doesn't have a NHL future. When JJ Piccinich gets more points than you, in both the regular season, and the playoffs, in the ECHL.... well, maybe keep your mouth shut, and try and improve your play.

He had a decent D+1 season, looked like we might have a player, but then his D+2 wasn't very good, and he was just ok in the ECHL. I'm not overly familiar with guys who start in the ECHL, and become regular NHL players, but I did look at a few. Desharnais and Frk are two... but they were well over PPG in the ECHL... not 0.7 PPG.

This one is on him... others have more legitimate complaints.

3 years ago he was thought to be further ahead than Johnsson. Oh how times change

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well adios for a season. True enough the Leafs don't have an obligation to move a guy that can't even crack the Marlies. Doubt there would be much interest around the league.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
It sounds to me like the Leafs have plans for him to play on the Marlies this season, imo.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
He was a bad selection, and his development in every season since has been inadequate to put him on the path of being an NHLer.

He's a bit like Bracco, in that the observed skillset implies a much better player than production and performance indicate. Both make you wonder why they aren't more successful than they are.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He's a bit like Bracco, in that the observed skillset implies a much better player than production and performance indicate. Both make you wonder why they aren't more successful than they are.

He is nothing like Bracco. Dont say things that you know are wrong.

Bracco in the AHL
32 points in 50 games

Dzierkals in the ECHL
36 points in 51 games.

But yeah he is a bit like Bracco.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017

Bracco played his first full season with men in the AHL. I wouldn't call it a bad season, but he definitely can do better in a more expanded role.

This season will be telling for him.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bracco played his first full season with men in the AHL. I wouldn't call it a bad season, but he definitely can do better in a more expanded role.

This season will be telling for him.

Yup saying he is like Bracco isnt just wrong, its shameful to have an opinion like that.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
He was a bad selection, and his development in every season since has been inadequate to put him on the path of being an NHLer.

a 3rd pick ... everyone after the top 20 players taken is gamble and you "hope" they "develop" into a player down the road.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
It's what happens when your team has depth, making it harder to crack the line-up, which is a good thing. Another victim of circumstance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->