Confirmed with Link: Martin Brodeur Returns as Exec VP of Business Development

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They should have him call some former season ticket holders and try to get them to come back. That would be hard to turn down.

To former Gold Circle ticket holders at the Meadowlands or former club seat folks at The Rock.

I don't think he will be doing any ticket sale stuff though, hopefully he will be closing high level Corp deals that the organization is not winning now.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm sure we will see Marty at the Rock on game days, at least occasionally, which will be nice.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Is this that big of news or did the Devils just take the opportunity to market the hell out of this?

In all seriousness, Brodeur is joining the team with a ridiculousl vague title and no real responsibilities, but you would think he came back to be the GM or something with all the coverage it’s gotten.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
who will be the first one to spin this as a bad thing?

Its really not possible to spin this negatively... got a legend returning to his team, in a role that wont have any effect on the team on ice.

Is this that big of news or did the Devils just take the opportunity to market the hell out of this?

In all seriousness, Brodeur is joining the team with a ridiculousl vague title and no real responsibilities, but you would think he came back to be the GM or something with all the coverage it’s gotten.

giphy.gif

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

ya, just what in the hell does an executive vp of business development do?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
ya, just what in the hell does an executive vp of business development do?

If anyone knows that they might be too much of a wonk to be a hockey fan :P

I'm glad he's coming back in this way rather in an actual management position, and it's a PR coup for the team since the new owners have been accused of trying to sweep aside Devils history.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It wasn't even really announced by the team though, Strickland got out in front of it so they had to make it official after Marty's camp (presumably) leaked it. I get the feeling the Devils wanted to market this closer to the start of the season, not when it's 95 degrees out and Labor Day weekend lol

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I don't know how that's spinning it into bad news, but ok.

I'm more than happy they're marketing this and getting the Devils some media coverage in late August. The more coverage/exposure the better.

It just seems like a lot more outlets are picking this up as a story then I would have thought.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is this kind of like what Gretzky does for the Oilers right now? I know he has some kind of position.

I like that Marty’s back, but also not in a position of extreme power or influence, where he could start doing things that eventually make us unhappy with him. Like GM/hockey ops president or coaching. I’d love Stevens back in the same or similar capacity. Patty was obviously offered some sort of position too, but opted to not take it due to being back and forth between Jersey and the Czech.

I’m also glad Marty didn’t join the shit stain across the river with Lou. And I hope to never hear that ownership (or Shero) is trying to erase our history, after bringing back Marty like this.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Nice timing too, given his upcoming HHOF induction. I'm glad Marty wanted to come back. He seemed kind of bitter about the way he left for a while there (although that might have been more towards Lou than the organization).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You know in Marty's interview with Amanda he mentioned something about Scott being back on the Business side. Dunno if that Stevens or he was talking about someone else.

Hugh and Scott on the business side, he was referring to Scott O'Neill.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I don't know how that's spinning it into bad news, but ok.

I'm more than happy they're marketing this and getting the Devils some media coverage in late August. The more coverage/exposure the better.

It just seems like a lot more outlets are picking this up as a story then I would have thought.

Everyone else is desperate for news. It's late August. And Brodeur is a legitimate legend of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->