Marsblade Question

Chad Thawley

Jul 3, 2019
So, I just bought a pair of Marsblade skates that are slightly too tight around the forefoot (perfect around the heel) and was wondering what I should do. They're expensive skates, and I want to make sure I make the right choice here.

I'm not sure if should return them and just buy the chassis, which I'm not sure would be a good idea since I'd have to buy another boot anyway and up spending more. Does anyone think I should get the boot stretched if possible? Would baking make a difference in the tightness around the forefoot?

Claudi27

Mar 28, 2008
Barcelona
You could try baking them. Sometimes these are just a matter of breaking in the skate.

Do you have to use EE sizes on other skates? It seems like the kind of problem someone who has to buy EE skates would have.

Chad Thawley

Jul 3, 2019
I have a pair of Bauer Nexus D width and they're perfect for width, but too much heel room. Maybe something like a Supreme EE might work, but I'd have to research more.
I've decided I'm just get them punched around the forefoot where it feels tight, I think that might be the best solution.

Thanks for the reply!

David Leger

Aug 8, 2019
Markham, ON
I wouldn't do anything stretching / baking wise without taking to the manufacturer first. I'm not sure if the boot if thermo-formable or not (Should be, but no mention I saw on website)... nor what the impact of the heat is on the holder/rollers... What happens if it doesn't help and it voids your return policy.

That said... if heat forming is an option... Start with that... A well trained person with a proper oven can get the material nice and pliable enough to stretch that little bit that you need...

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Marsblades are a waste of money, imo. Simply adding a rocker to an inline wheel isn't gonna magically make it like you're skating on ice out on the dry land. You just can't replicate the edgework of steel edges on ice with an inline skate.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I'm seriously considering buying a pair, but I'm really worried about what I've heard about the shoe size.

I have small feet (23 cm, 9cm width). I wear Graf skates on ice, they're about 5-5.5 in sizes. Based on that, I'm contemplating buying the 5.5D or 6D. Do anyone think those would fit? I don't know what the size comparison would be with Graf's.

I had used skates that were much too large for my feet before and I felt somewhat OK in them. Let's say I buy the 6D and they're a bit too large, would I still be able to use them according to your experiences?

I'd really appreciate some input here, I'm quite uncertain about going forward with my purchase.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'm seriously considering buying a pair, but I'm really worried about what I've heard about the shoe size.

I have small feet (23 cm, 9cm width). I wear Graf skates on ice, they're about 5-5.5 in sizes. Based on that, I'm contemplating buying the 5.5D or 6D. Do anyone think those would fit? I don't know what the size comparison would be with Graf's.

I had used skates that were much too large for my feet before and I felt somewhat OK in them. Let's say I buy the 6D and they're a bit too large, would I still be able to use them according to your experiences?

I'd really appreciate some input here, I'm quite uncertain about going forward with my purchase.

CgydzW4.jpg

Apparently they recommend to use Bauer/CCM skate fit as a framework vs your shoe size. They also say that if you have a wider foot, you should buy the frame and mount it on a pair of ice skates that fit instead of buying the boot/complete setup. I've heard lots of people complain about the narrowness of them.

I'm also not a huge fan of Marsblade in general but that's probably because I play more roller hockey than ice hockey. I assume you're interested in replicating ice as much as you can on rollerblades for off-ice work instead of playing a lot of roller hockey, in which case Marsblade might be the choice. But still, you can't reproduce the edge work and stopping on ice but I have heard people say they are more comfortable getting back on the ice after skating on Marsblades vs regular inline blades. But I digress...

Assuming you don't have a LHS that carries them to try on, I would say do the best you can based on that chart and if they don't fit you could always return them for a size that does.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
CgydzW4.jpg

Apparently they recommend to use Bauer/CCM skate fit as a framework vs your shoe size. They also say that if you have a wider foot, you should buy the frame and mount it on a pair of ice skates that fit instead of buying the boot/complete setup. I've heard lots of people complain about the narrowness of them.

I'm also not a huge fan of Marsblade in general but that's probably because I play more roller hockey than ice hockey. I assume you're interested in replicating ice as much as you can on rollerblades for off-ice work instead of playing a lot of roller hockey, in which case Marsblade might be the choice. But still, you can't reproduce the edge work and stopping on ice but I have heard people say they are more comfortable getting back on the ice after skating on Marsblades vs regular inline blades. But I digress...

Assuming you don't have a LHS that carries them to try on, I would say do the best you can based on that chart and if they don't fit you could always return them for a size that does.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm mostly looking at roller skates that I could use to go to work and just move around with. I'm a big fan of skating so I figured it could be a fun and healthy way to move around. I knew about those skates for awhile and the price was very reasonable.

Since the time I wrote my last message, I decided to go ahead and went with the fmt one boots. By comparing the prices for the frame and the boots during the sale period, I figured it would cost me around 50$ for the boots. I thought that the odds that the boots would fit were good enough to warrant that price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad