Signing(s): Marquette King to the Broncos

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not surprising. Gruden didn’t like his showboating and king wasn’t well liked for a couple of Social media pics of him and Talib yanking on a chain mocking Crabtree. Mocking a current teammate not cool.

As for punters their job is to:
Change field position by getting the best net yard difference. Listen to the coach and either get hang time or directional kicking if facing a dangerous returner.
Pin the opposition around the 10 if the offense stalls past mid field.
Hold for the kicker. Being able to pull down a high snap or pick it up off the ground and still set it down.
Execute a fake on the handful of times it is called in a year.

I think the raiders will find someone to handle that job.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He's an excellent punter and he can also be entertaining at times. Good pick up.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's Denver, it's worth pressing the altitude advantage getting a good Punter and Kicker.

Can’t out kick the coverage. A 40 yard kick that is fair caught is the same as a 55 yard kick hat gets returned 15.

Value of a kicker is the ability to pin the opponent inside the 10. 20 yard stat isn’t that impressive as I don’t think it’s a difference to start at the 18 vs 20. If the offense stalls at the opposition 45, you want your punter to drop it around the 10. If it ends up in the 17, it’s just meh...

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Can’t out kick the coverage. A 40 yard kick that is fair caught is the same as a 55 yard kick hat gets returned 15.

Value of a kicker is the ability to pin the opponent inside the 10. 20 yard stat isn’t that impressive as I don’t think it’s a difference to start at the 18 vs 20. If the offense stalls at the opposition 45, you want your punter to drop it around the 10. If it ends up in the 17, it’s just meh...

You mean when that 55 yard punt hangs in the air for 8 seconds? That's what he'll do in Denver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad