Speculation: Maroon, Grabner, Reaves & Roussel

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
Where will they wind up?
Personally, I'd like to see two of them put on the Blue Note in StL. But with all the big names being tossed around, I've heard crickets regarding these guys. What have you heard?

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Maroon and the Devils expressed mutual interest in an extension, but we'll see where that goes. Something tells me Shero gets outbid, and Maroon ends up following the better contract. I wouldn't blame him.

Grabner, on the other hand, was a disaster. He won't be returning.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Where will they wind up?
Personally, I'd like to see two of them put on the Blue Note in StL. But with all the big names being tossed around, I've heard crickets regarding these guys. What have you heard?
2? Maroon and Grabner are going to be grossly overpaid. Russell would get his ass kicked in the locker room as soon as he walked in. Reaves is the only guy I'd like to see back

Reactions: 67Blues

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I could see any one of the 4 in Calgary depending on the dollars.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Very hard to tell at this stage where they'll end up. If the price was right, i'd have *some* interest in Maroon and/or Roussell depending on other moves that are made (from a Toronto perspective).

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Nothing heard but if there is space for stopgap, I see Grabner 1 yr return to Rangers.

I know it's a new system THANK GOD but I gotta think if we make some deals and there is room, he is welcome at the right price til his wheels fall off.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Devs need to keep Maroon, but all it takes is one bad GM to offer him more than 3 years and he won't be returning.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's been an absolute rat against the Blues. He's viciously slashed Tarasenko, broke Steen's wrist with a slashed. Just a dirty player
Because they've never had that type of player as a teammate before? They all know being a **** is his job. Steve Smith played for and coached the Flames after the wars of the BOPA, if he can be welcomed into a locker room, Roussel could in St. Louis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Maroon was quite effective in his role in NJ, but I really am wary of giving him anything over 2 years

he is just so damn slow

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
I've always hated Roussel--but he's tough as nails and can skate. i bet he's loved by his teammates.

Maroon is slow, but he's versatile and rugged, and would be a great veteran to pair with a young center.

Grabner scored 26 goals! Of course he's going to get paid. He'll deserve every penny. Fast, finishes checks, scores, sticks up for teammates--I want him playing on my team.

Reaves is a difference maker.

Give me all four of those guys and I'll find room on the roster and the budget to make it happen.

Reactions: hatcher

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
He's been an absolute rat against the Blues. He's viciously slashed Tarasenko, broke Steen's wrist with a slashed. Just a dirty player

Kassian slashed Gagner's face and broke his jaw in the process making him public enemy #1 in Edmonton and a few years later he found a home in Edmonton becoming a player we'd rather have in the line up over having to play against him.

Similar thing would probably happen if Roussel became a blue. Be a guy they'd rather have on their team over having to do battle against.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Maroon likely sticks with the Devils, if not he signs a big and stupid contract with another team.
Vegas will try to keep Reaves, if not he as well signs a stupid contract.
Grabner gets a small contract, if not he gets a training camp invite.
Roussel either gets an NHL contract or he heads to Europe.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Because they've never had that type of player as a teammate before? They all know being a **** is his job. Steve Smith played for and coached the Flames after the wars of the BOPA, if he can be welcomed into a locker room, Roussel could in St. Louis.
There's being tough to play against and being a rat. Russell is a rat. He make a dirty play then hide on the bench.
I've always hated Roussel--but he's tough as nails and can skate. i bet he's loved by his teammates.

Maroon is slow, but he's versatile and rugged, and would be a great veteran to pair with a young center.

Grabner scored 26 goals! Of course he's going to get paid. He'll deserve every penny. Fast, finishes checks, scores, sticks up for teammates--I want him playing on my team.

Give me all four of those guys and I'll find room on the roster and the budget to make it happen.
This is just how you dont build a team. Maroon is going to cost 4m+, Grabner is going to get paid. After his no show in NJ, no way I'd alot that much money to him. Unfortunately, there is a salary cap and commiting that much money to bottom 6 players....... Blues should know better as that's what they've done for years.
Kassian slashed Gagner's face and broke his jaw in the process making him public enemy #1 in Edmonton and a few years later he found a home in Edmonton becoming a player we'd rather have in the line up over having to play against him.

Similar thing would probably happen if Roussel became a blue. Be a guy they'd rather have on their team over having to do battle against.
I'm just going to respectfully disagree with Roussel on Stl

Last edited by a moderator:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

you must not have watched him in NJ

he was really bad. Healthy scratched in the playoffs.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Maroon's a plodder but gets the job done. Very good offensive instincts. He seemed to fit in well with the Devils and IMO resigns there but would be a nice fit on several teams.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Im pretty sur Benning said when Derek Dorsett retired that it was a priority to replace him... so I'd think that one of Reaves or Roussel will end up in Vancouver.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I think Reaves is the only target I'd actually be okay with being an acquisition. Not to fond of Roussel but I'm assuming he'd probably be the second best. We have enough money spent on 3rd liners, what exactly are we wanting to go out and try to get more with the holes in goaltending and our top 6?

FWIW Grabner would be interest at a low cap hit.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
2? Maroon and Grabner are going to be grossly overpaid. Russell would get his ass kicked in the locker room as soon as he walked in. Reaves is the only guy I'd like to see back
This is dumb. Hell, there isn't really anyone on the Blues that could kick Roussel's ass. Maybe Thorburn, but he's s*** so I doubt he will even be back. Regardless, this is a ridiculous statement. Roussel would be loved the minute he walked into that dressing room.

Reactions: Dirk316

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
This is dumb. Hell, there isn't really anyone on the Blues that could kick Roussel's ass. Maybe Thorburn, but he's s*** so I doubt he will even be back. Regardless, this is a ridiculous statement. Roussel would be loved the minute he walked into that dressing room.
Nope.

Reactions: 67Blues

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Have you ever heard of a new player to a team walk in a dressing room only to get his ass kicked? This is foolish
That's hyperbole, sorry it went over your head. It wont happen because Stl wouldn't offer him a contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad