Marner vs Tkachuk

Tkachuk or Marner?

• Total voters

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Playing hockey.

If that’s your only point that’s obviously false. Matthew is a much more physical and in the game player. You will notice him much more then Marner and he certainly makes a bigger impact than him. No disrespect to Marner obviously cuz he has tons of potential but players like Matthew is rare these days

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
If that’s your only point that’s obviously false. Matthew is a much more physical and in the game player. You will notice him much more then Marner and he certainly makes a bigger impact than him. No disrespect to Marner obviously cuz he has tons of potential but players like Matthew is rare these days

Yes, Matthew is indeed more physical.

Reactions: Kelly and Max Money

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I'd be surprised if the gap in offensive production was close enough for Tkachuk's physical game to tip the scales in his favor.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
People are choosing an elite dynamic offensive talent over a guy that has sandpaper and isn't dynamic offensively, what ever is the world coming to?

Lol. There are people to debate with, then there is people like you who just say stuff to make their player look better

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Lol. There are people to debate with, then there is people like you who just say stuff to make their player look better

Marner isn't even my player..

I've never hidden that I'm an Avs fan, but here you are just being rude because someone prefers a Leafs player.

Hell, nobody even knows which Tkachuk the OP means...

Matthew who seem to be defending hasn't even hit 50 points is a superior player, yet Marner who has hit 60 points in each of his last two seasons is a nice player with potential.

We get it, you're biased against Leafs players cus reasons.

Sorry to upset you that so many people actually prefer the guy with game breaking talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: nofehr

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
If I was choosing a player for the Oilers right now I would take Tkachuk. (which is of course ironic since we could have had him.) Marner is a serious talent but I think Tkachuk would be a better fit for us at this moment. But I would be happy with either

Reactions: Gaudfather

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
People are choosing an elite dynamic offensive talent over a guy that has sandpaper and isn't dynamic offensively, what ever is the world coming to?

giphy.gif

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
Matthew Tkachuk is a damn good hockey player. As an Oilers fan i wish Calgary didn't have him, i don't think many realize how good he is.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
Tkachuk will get really underrated in this poll because out east a lot of people don't see him play. I remember one game Edmonton played Calgary and it was Literally just the McDavid/Tkachuk show. Both players were just dominating the game and although Edmonton won Tkachuk was matching McDavid step for step. Plus he's kind of a @#$% disturber and brings lots of energy. Even if you look at Marner / Tkachuk point production wise they aren't that far off.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Draino

Mar 1, 2017
Vancouver
Players on west coast teams are generally under rated since they are not constantly hyped on by the leaf centric (supposed)national sports media.
I would take Tkachuk in a 7 game series over Marner. As a Canuck fan I hate the flames,, but the kid is awesome from the face off circles down. He makes smart plays and can operate when the going gets really rough and tough.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Tkachuk will get really underrated in this poll because out east a lot of people don't see him play. I remember one game Edmonton played Calgary and it was Literally just the McDavid/Tkachuk show. Both players were just dominating the game and although Edmonton won Tkachuk was matching McDavid step for step. Plus he's kind of a @#$% disturber and brings lots of energy. Even if you look at Marner / Tkachuk point production wise they aren't that far off.

Besides being insanely skilled and dominating most NHLers every game, Marner has lots of "intangibles" too. He's tenacious as hell and always gets back to make a good defensive play and steal a puck or break up a 2 on 1.

Marner's got the offence, the defence, and the super high hockey IQ.

Tkachuk has size.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
Besides being insanely skilled and dominating most NHLers every game, Marner has lots of "intangibles" too. He's tenacious as hell and always gets back to make a good defensive play and steal a puck or break up a 2 on 1.

Marner's got the offence, the defence, and the super high hockey IQ.

Tkachuk has size.
not taking anything away from Marner. Just saying the poll is a good one and the two players are comparable.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
I forgot that 40 point players are elite offensive talents.

Take the homer glasses off.

I think Tkachuk is the best forward on a flames team that has both Gaudreau and Monahan. Tkachuk would have put up 60+ pts last year without injury and is playing at PPG clip this year already. Marner has a career high of 69 its so don't act like the offensive production is that far apart.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
not taking anything away from Marner. Just saying the poll is a good one and the two players are comparable.
A potential 90-100 point player vs a 50 point dirty rat who's terrible defensively.

It's an easy choice, they aren't comparable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad